Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season. We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. Today, customers can find fabulous fashion at affordable prices online and in one of our 1,000+ stores globally. Old Navy celebrates a workplace that’s just as diverse as our customers. Fun, fashion, family and value are at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.Old Navy – a brand for everyone a place for you!
Job Summary: As a member of the Brand Communications team, you will be responsible for the development and execution of multimedia communications strategies and content for Old Navy’s internal audience, as well as external channels. You will work with business partners, including the Old Navy Leadership Team (ONLT), to create compelling visual assets that tell the story of key initiatives, projects and programs to drive clarity of our brand priorities and our long range plan, as well as cultivate and celebrate our culture.
We are looking for a self-starter with a proven track record in creating and executing bold, creative, measurable multi-media communication assets and campaigns across a wide range of audiences.
- Lead and execute the visual storytelling needs of the Old Navy brand in support of internal and external communications.
- Work with business partners to understand communication objectives and provide creative ideas and concepts to meet the needs of our business and tell a clear + compelling story.
- Develop and deliver against Old Navy brand look, feel, voice and tone in accordance with the brand/marketing design guidelines.
- Create templates for materials from presentations, to posters, to digital formats. Create and deliver a look and feel for all communications that brings impact, consistency and promotes the brand vision.
- Produce materials in support of brand conferences (i.e. annual Field Leadership Conference), meetings (i.e. Town Halls) and presentations; provide templates for teams running other smaller events.
- While this role supports all brand communications and must be nimble and lean in to support design requests across the company/portfolio.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in graphic design, brand communications, visual communications, journalism/media, creative and/or marketing (combination of in-house and agency preferred) with writing, multimedia content development, presentation design and leadership support.
- Must be an exceptional designer, storyteller, strategist and collaborator, capable of communicating complex concepts clearly and persuasively across diverse audiences.
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premier and MS PowerPoint. Photography skills a plus.
- Effective team player capable of leading efforts across categories and a matrix of brands.
- Proven communicator with excellent written and verbal communications skills, and attention to detail.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.