The Manager, Costing is responsible for maximizing product profitability through cost engineering & efficiency in order to achieve corporate financial requirements for designated product categories (i.e. Women's Footwear). This is achieved by partnering with the cross functional teams to drive optimization of product value & product cost throughout the development & manufacturing process.
- Partnering with the Director, Costing, establishes target FOBs for all products to meet or exceed brand financial gross margin goals; Analyze historical information and models to prepare and present appropriate FOB targets; Partners with PD, Merch, Design & Factory Liaison offices to provide alternative scenarios to maximize brand profitability and gross margin
- Reviews FOB cost estimates against targets and acceptable KPIs at each major phase in the product creation cycle; Identifies and reviews all outliers with PD, Merch, Design partners to identify & document solutions; Conducts in-depth review of styles where FOB Targets are not met and works with cross functional partners identify opportunities to lower cost; Escalates all remaining issues to leadership team for resolution or exception approval
- Responsible for managing all calendar deadlines and communications with factories for cost breakdowns; Must ensure accuracy & availability of costing information for decision making at all milestones; Partners with PD, Liaison Office & Factory to ensure cost breakdowns match product specifications and component costs paid by Cole Haan are correct
- Reports FOB and margin information at each critical milestone in the product creation process as well as throughout the life of the product -- including buy cycle reporting and analysis to ensure tracking to margin targets and reacting to volume shifts
- Continuously reviews product costs to surface additional opportunities for discount negotiations, cost engineering, sourcing shifts and other savings; Identifies these to Director, Costing and other partners for consideration; Partners with product creation and supply chain team to ensure successful execution of any cost saving mechanisms
- Ensures correct costing reflected in Cole Haan information systems; Identifies opportunities to drive further efficiency and improve information flow to drive end-to-end costing function productivity
- Creates a fact based and predictable costing environment across the company; Develops tools and delivers training programs to cross functional partners to optimize internal resource base for efficient cost engineering & financial based decision making
- Partners with PD and Factory Liaison offices to track & report projected tooling projects; Reviews tooling costs for optimization; Once tooling projects are confirmed for production, the Manager, Costing is responsible for tracking the completion of the PTA and reconciliation for accurate invoicing and payment on a timely basis; Accountable for ensuring accurate payment of FOB and tooling costs
- BA/BS in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations, or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of 5 years related business experience in costing, finance, product creation or related fields
- Experience in footwear, accessories and/or product creation process is a strong plus
- Advanced systems experience and proficiency -- Excel, Access; PLM, SAP preferred
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills; Clear, effective communication skills
- Demonstrated history to drive results in a complex, fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Self-starter mentality required, however must be a team player able to influence and facilitate work with cross-functional teams.