Req ID: 50397
Areas of Interest: Security
The Manager, Corporate Security and Emergency Operations is responsible for providing senior bank management with direction and counsel in the area of bank fraud and physical security on a daily basis to mitigate potential and real losses; provides security training in the areas of bank robbery, fraud, bomb threat, extortion, personal safety and security awareness to Bank personnel; works with federal, state and local law enforcement agencies in obtaining arrest, convictions, and restitution for criminal losses. Responds to emergency situations to direct the activities of Bank personnel. Presents documented criminal investigations to law enforcement or the courts and provides testimony as required. Supervises activities of uniformed security personnel within area of responsibility. Coordinates with internal clients and external vendors to review existing and develop new security systems for bank facilities and formulate plans for system conversions. Stays abreast of on-going maintenance issues with security equipment within area of responsibility and coordinates with the Manager-Security Technology to keep the equipment functioning as expected.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigates and brings to final conclusion fraudulent, illegal or improper activities by employees, customers, or others reported to Bank Security (i.e., forgery, external thefts, kiting, embezzlement, unauthorized ATM transactions, etc.); ensures prevention and recovery of losses caused by such activities; performs special projects and related assignments and investigations as requested by Security Management. Prepares a written report on each investigation conducted and reports all losses and recoveries associated with those investigations. Provides testimony in court as required. Conducts background checks on perspective lending customers as requested to identify red flags that could affect the lending decision.
- Advises and directs bank personnel on matters of financial crimes and physical security to reduce and recover financial losses; receives inquiries daily from branch management regarding security procedures, suspicious activity, transactions, and suspicious persons. Supports Human Resources and senior management with handling problem employees and customers that pose potentially threatening circumstances.
- Conducts periodic securityinspections of bankingfacilities within area of responsibility. Inspections focus on the effectiveness of security controls, functionality of security equipment, lighting and/or landscaping issues affecting security levels and any hazards that could affect personal safety of employees or customers. Documents results and develops strategies to address any issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Advanced knowledge of bank security and safety procedures
- Advanced knowledge of interviewing and interrogation techniques
- Advanced knowledge of the principles involving specifying, installing,, using and maintaining security alarm, video and access control systems
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations policies and procedures, i.e., exception processing, payment/collections, ATM, and other electronic network services and operation
- Thorough knowledge of Bank Protection Act, Regs P & E
- Advanced knowledge of local and regional Criminal Statutes, rules of evidence and case preparation
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state criminal and civil court system
- Must possess a current license, as required by applicable state, to carry a concealed handgun
- Must meet bank criminal background investigation standards
This level of knowledge is normally acquired through aBachelor’s Degree and 6-8yearsexperience in Law Enforcement; or 12-14years equivalent workexperience insecurity operations; along with a minimum of 2years of supervisoryexperience.
BOK Financial is a stable and financially strong organization that provides excellent training and development to support building the long term careers of our employees. With passion, skill and partnership you can make an impact on the success of the bank, our customers and your own career!