Provide oversight, direction and support to the plant Sanitarians in the areas of compliance to corporate sanitation and pest control programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working cross functionally and collaboratively with DFA Operations, QA, Food Safety and Chemical Supply Vendors, to, implement and continuously improve on sanitation programs, policies and key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Provides education, and technical support to assure effective deployment and implementation of corporate sanitation and food safety policies and procedures
- Ensures that manufacturing facilities have the systems, knowledge, capabilities, and practices to comply with all pertinent food regulations and company procedures.
- Conduct periodic sanitation audits against the consistent application and execution of procedures and all related sanitation practices
- Collaborates with othershared service team members, third party service providers (chemical and pest control), cross functional departments and business unit managers in formulating plans and meeting goals and objectives of the sanitation program.
- Provides direction with respect to the development of systems, practices, and verification to ensure that the assigned facilities meet regulations and requirements
- Monitors emerging issues related to sanitation, pest control and food safety and then develop strategies and policies accordingly.
- Provide technical support and advise Operations management on effectiveness of plant sanitation and cleaning programs (SSOP's).
- Guide manufacturing facilities during special plant sanitation issues including microbiological and environmental control.
- Assist in plant startup activities that will include reviewing SSOP documentation and cleaning verification documents.
- Work with plants to ensure the automated cleaning systems are validated annually and automated cleaning circuits are verified for effective cleaning.
- Work with plant Sanitarians at each site to ensure that all records are completed and are being reviewed and signed off (i.e.- chemical concentrations, CIP validations, pre-operational inspection, COP records, SSOP's, etc.)
- Monitor sanitation vendor reports and ensure all action items are being added to the CAPA programs and are closed out and verified.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Sanitation, Food Safety or a related field with a background in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry and/or Mathematics.
- Master of Science or Master of Business desired.
- Minimum of 5years of food plant operational experience. .
- Experience with dairy products, cheese and milk powders preferred.
- Experience with regulatory, third party, and customer audits.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with diverse sanitizing applications
- Extensive knowledge of CIP systems and process automation.
- Understands appropriate wet cleaning and dry cleaning methodology. Able to identify the appropriate cleaning method and make effective recommendations based on scientific principles.
- Experience in successfully addressing environmental sanitation challenges in areas such as drains, floors, walls, roofs, and equipment.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must demonstrate proven critical thinking, people and team development skills, strategic aptitude, and independent leadership.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with facilities, regulatory agencies, and customers.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and written.
- Ability to understand and analyze issues involving food manufacturing, project management, mathematics (including statistics), technical and legal documents.
- Ability to understand issues in relation to product manufacturing operations and their impact.
- Ability to provide supervision, guidance, effective training and counsel to others.
- Ability to effectively organize, coordinate and execute.
- Ability to understand food and environmental regulations and their impact on the organization, and our customers.
- Ability to understand technical documents, prints and schematics