The Real Estate Manager is responsible for managing the Hertz real estate portfolio within an assigned area and across all divisions. The objective of the position is to serve as an asset / property manager for an assigned territory.
The position will be located in the Chicagoland area.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manage workflow of all incoming deals & service requests.
- Assist Director, Real Estate with special projects & reports for senior management.
- Manage site searches for both new locations and relocations as requested by Operations.
- Review and administer leases in order to ensure Company compliance with all lease provisions and obligations.
- Dispose of surplus property.
- Review Real Estate Summaries (RES’s) prepared by Operations & his/her staff, for compliance with Hertz standards and policies (cost, terms, conditions, etc.).
- Communicate with Region personnel, Landlords and the Corporate Law Department in preparation of lease documents.
- Negotiate new leases and lease renewals.
- Review and approve lease abstracts to ensure accuracy and conformity to lease terms.
- Resolve Landlord disputes & other Real Estate issues pertaining to leased properties.
- Coordinate and monitor Real Estate Summary approval process & facilitate circulation of Real Estate Documents.
- Assist the Law Department in tracking pertinent leasedates.
- Coordinate lease renewals, expirations & terminations with Operations to ensure timely action is taken.
- Assist with reports pertaining to status of Real Estate transactions and department’s performance.
- Assist the Regions with Service requests and provide feedback on any concerns regarding proper Real Estate procedures.
- Assist Region with Letters of Intent (LOI) & advise on Real Estate questions/concerns
Key Result Areas:
- Timely processing & accuracy of RES’s
- Ensure proper procedures are followed with regard to RE decisions/approvals.
- Ensure compliance of RES with corporate standards.
- Make certain that RE disputes are handled in a timely fashion.
- Ensure proper documentation/approvals are provided with any Lease decisions.
- Ensure all RE deadlines (renewal options, expirations etc) are met.
- Make sure all executed leases & contracts comply with company policies.
- Travel as required for the position.
Bachelor’s Degree - preferably in Accounting, Finance or other business discipline or equivalent experience.
At least 3-6 years of related work experience preferably in Law, Real Estate, or Property Management.
- In depth knowledge of RE Finance and RE Principles.
- Finance & Business acumen