The Manager, Corporate Procurement & Logistics will be responsible for establishing and managing the Corporate Procurement and Logistics Department at Sorrento, including vendor management, purchasing, shipping/receiving, and equipment/asset management. The core activities will be developing the department’s strategy as well as internal and cross-functional processes for third party vendor identification, audits/qualification, contract negotiation and management. This role will be collaborating with internal departments to assess vendor performance issues and escalations as well as with Finance & Legal to ensure appropriate contracts are in place and managed and negotiated on an on-going basis required for the continued growth of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Procurement and Vendor Management:
- Conducts third party vendor selection, risk management, Request for Proposal (RFP) coordination, and contract negotiation.
- Negotiates general pricing/discounts and quality expectations with third party vendor at Master Services Agreement level; leads MSA process with BC support as needed.
- Identifies required third party vendor at a corporate and project/study level, including management of the Master Services Agreement and/or Project Agreement for each project.
- Responsible for obtaining and qualifying competitive third party vendor bids in support of the bidding and proposal process.
- Identifies third party vendor study budgets and assists Project Managers with start-up, liaising with Finance and Legal departments as needed.
- Leads, standardizes, and participates in vendor qualification/audits, both remote and on-site, to ensure audit documentation and follow-up/issue management process is executed in a timely manner.
- Participates in identification and qualification of sites, site networks, and vendors to support company growth.
Responsible for business process excellence and standardization across the organization:
- Defines Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and manages vendors accordingly.
- Participates in identification, requirements definition, and implementation of new services offerings in support of business strategies.
- Improves proposal and launch process by coordinating with preferred vendors.
- Develops templates for vendor RFPs and other vendor related documentation.
- Assesses vendor related system regarding systems of record, systems functionality, and processes used and potentially to be optimized.
- Standardizes and optimizes third party vendor engagement and liaises cross-functionally, enabling more seamless and efficient study conduct, management, and delivery.
- Assesses and improves end to end procure to pay process in collaboration with the finance department.
- Identifies and justifies business cases and develops strategies for process improvement projects.
- Participates in client audits, particularly at close-out, to identify potential improvements as identified by external auditors and clients, proposes suggestions for improvement and monitors outcomes, as applicable, for the development of the business.
Shipping/receiving, and inventory management (including equipment and assets):
- Reviews existing processes and implements improvements or establishes new processes where applicable.
- Assesses existing systems and functionality and ensures efficient and consistent usage.
- Reviews, develops, and executes Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines for their area of responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA/BS in Business, Science, Engineering, Finance or Operations related field
- APICS, CPM, and/or NAPM certificate or other procurement certificates a plus
- 5+ years of strategic sourcing experience with direct and indirect goods and services spent in a GMP manufacturing environment (pharmaceutical preferred)
- Understanding of business requirements
- Analytical skills
- Project management
- Management of Procurement processes
- Strategic sourcing
- Change management
- Time Management.