Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
- Develop and deliver internal communications plans and projects that build employee engagement and support corporate communications objectives
- Lead centralized strategic planning for internal communications with corporate and BU teams
- Work with director, Internal & External Communications in development of communications strategies
- Supervise and develop staff with an emphasis on skill-building that develops them as communications professionals and future leaders.
- Develop content planning processes and tools
- Lead development and roll-out of strategic content pillars
- Develop and execute strategy to measure communications effectiveness, reach, and engagement; standardize measurement across internal communications
- Work with IT and vendors to establish best practices for reaching non-connected employee audiences
- Outline strategy to increase internal thought-leadership opportunities for corporate and BU leaders
- Identify and manage vendors and consultants as needed to support objectives
- Create communications plans that create strong pull for the various technologies that are preparing for commercialization
- Drive strong linkages and collaboration between Corporate Communications and the BUs for internal activities
- Coordinate with leadership to ensure overall communications programs are achieving metrics for annual plans and projects
- Pursue internal opportunities for executive leadership team to be positioned as thought leaders
- Work closely with the Director to manage the financials for Internal and External Communications to ensure accuracy
Required Skills / Experience:
- Ability to lead, organize, and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative
- Prior experience and proven track record of delivery on major internal communications campaigns
- Experience with global communications and working with international leaders and teams
- Demonstrated experience in working with top management and leadership.
- Experience developing relevant content for a diverse, remote, and mobile workforce
- Experience creating metrics to measure communications effectiveness, reach, and engagement
- Strong editing skills, including proficiency in Associated Press style
- Capacity to work well under pressure with ability to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines
- Ability to represent the Director at meetings with functional and BU leaders
- Strong change management skills
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated work ethic and a commitment to delivering outstanding work
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Confident advocate of new ideas
- Strong project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated to achieve excellence
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially in listening, problem solving, and influencing
- Ability to work flexible schedules to accommodate different global time zones
- Adaptable to a fast-paced environment with changing requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field required.
- Minimum seven years of communications experience, preferably in corporate communications, public relations, journalism, or communications-related field.