Our people are our competitive advantage. We have thousands of degreed engineers, a highly skilled manufacturing team and a creative and energetic services group. Celestica is a place to enjoy your work life and grow as a professional.
Our high-energy environment and flexible, team-oriented culture attract the kind of people who want to be empowered to use their knowledge and creativity to drive our customers' success.
We are always happy to hear from passionate individuals who want to be empowered to make a difference.
CHANGE YOUR FUTURE WITH CELESTICA!
Career Opportunity in the Corporate Financial Reporting Group of Celestica Inc.
This Manager of Corporate Financial Reporting is part of the reporting team that consolidates and analyzes the results of 50+ reporting sites and prepares reports for internal and external purposes. This position requires a strong accountant with in-depth knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and has prepared or reviewed financial statements and other public company filing documents, and has strong computer and IT skills.
- Assist in the consolidation of monthly financial results (using Khalix consolidations tool), including detailed analysis of stock-based compensation, financial instruments/ hedging/ debt instruments, and pensions; performing impairment testing of goodwill and intangibles, operating segment accounting, share repurchases, and reviewing complex transactions and acquisitions
- Be the subject matter expert on IFRS. Research IFRS accounting standards, preparing memos, understanding the impact of new standards on Celestica, including IFRS15, IFRS 39, IFRS 9 and IFRS 16. Update/draft accounting policies and respond to queries on compliance with these policies. Provides guidance/ advises others/ works with cross-functional teams. Develop training for sites, including presentations and education sessions;
- Prepare quarterly reports to management and board of directors;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements (including statutory financial statements), including note disclosures and working papers for auditors, and for other public company filings, including MD&A, 20F, and proxy;
- Key contact with auditors, assist with resolution of issues during quarterly reviews and annual audit, SOX testing, audit planning and fees;
- Continuous improvement projects and various other ad hoc projects
- CA with minimum of 4+ years, University degree;
- Experience dealing with large multi-national public companies in Canada or the US ;
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS standards and ability to undertake research (including working knowledge of topics such as share-based compensation, pensions, foreign currency, impairment, business combinations, segmented reporting, etc.);
- Previous experience with preparation or review of other public company documents including FS, MD&A, 20F/10K or proxy, or debt/equity offerings;
- Strong IT and computer skills, advanced Excel including macros, consolidations experience in Khalix/Hyperion or SAP, use of Webfilings, Reval treasury system, and Solium;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively interact with various levels of staff from different departments;
- Quick learner, hands-on/detail oriented, deliver high quality, accurate work;
- Good communications skills (clear and concise) and written skills;
- Able to manage monthly process to meet tight deadlines and multi-task;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Responsive to change and process improvements ;
- May lead team members/prioritize work for others. Mentors motivate and influences others to work toward and achieve team objectives.
Req ID: 7061