Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- The Manager, Corporate Finance partners with banks and other external parties to ensure American Airlines can best meet its capital needs.
- The Manager, Corporate Finance reports to the Director, Corporate Finance and Treasury and assists in sourcing, negotiating and executing transactions to meet the Company's capital needs. Where appropriate, the Manager may also independently source and execute transactions under the oversight of the Director. Transactions may cover a broad spectrum of debt solutions such as term loans, revolving credit facilities, unsecured bonds, airport special facility bonds, and aircraft financing as well as equity-linked structures.
- The Manager also assists the Director in the development of capital structure analyses for senior management and the board, develops and prepares presentations for meetings with lenders, rating agencies and other external parties, and leads or assists in other ad-hoc projects and initiatives supporting the work of the Treasury department.
- The role is a part of the Treasury team within our Finance group.
What you'll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Assists in the planning, coordination, and execution of debt and equity solutions: including term loans, revolving credit facilities, unsecured bonds, airport special facility bonds, aircraft financing and other special projects as needed
- Conducts review of capital structure and analyze impact of various capital deployment scenarios on leverage metrics, margins and enterprise value
- Prepares presentations for lenders, rating agencies and others as needed
- Monitors financing markets and develops banking relationships to assist in the creation of the Company's financing plan
- Supports other Finance functions including Financial Planning, Banking and Investor Relations as well as certain other Company stakeholders with timely, accurate, complete, and relevant information
- Provides support for the debt administration team with more bespoke periodic requirements such as appraisals and disclosure
- Responsible for decision analytics within the Treasury organization of American Airlines, including the areas of Corporate Finance, Asset Management and Fleet Transactions and ongoing analysis such as the quarterly Fair Value of Debt, WACC and other quarter-end reports and requirements
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or other related field, or equivalent training/experience
- 5 years of corporate finance, investment banking, management consulting, investment management, or other similar experience
Preferred Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master's degree or equivalent training/experience
- Familiarity with the airline industry/airline economics
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- High level of proficiency in MS Office suite of applications (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Fundamental understanding of Corporate Finance and how strategic initiatives and financial plans would impact all of the Company's financial statements, obligations, and covenants
- Self-starter who spontaneously takes initiative for addressing issues and applies solid judgment to decisions and actions
- Track record for dealing effectively with multiple complexes and/or time-sensitive issues
- Proven ability to influence
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family, and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more.