The Manager, Corporate Field Services – Damage Claims manages the development and implementation of Field Services projects and programs to meet business process initiatives, process improvements, product launches, and other strategies and objectives. He/she measures and assesses the effectiveness of departmental processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvements. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for: following up on recommendations with operational solutions developed jointly between corporate center operations and region field services; leading cross-functional projects; conducting risk assessments; facilitating communication across operational groups, and ensuring compliance with the defined process and/or implementation.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Leads Damage Claim team, which handles damage claim cases for Field Operations across the enterprise.
- Directs the investigations of potential property damage claims across all CCI regions, working with technical teams and contractors to ensure timely repair, completion, and customer satisfaction.
- Works with customers for mitigation and arbitration of situation.
- Represents Field Services in legal matters involving claims with Risk & Safety and, potentially Cox attorneys, mediators, and arbitrators.
- Establishes lists of approved repair vendors for the company, completing the appropriate background checks.
- Manages revenue recovery from loss by third party involvement relating to plant damage, which includes customer credit loss.
- Manages cost/loss of utility damages for outgoing revenue for damages caused by employees.
- Provides executive level reporting on the status of damage claims with numbers submitted, dollars paid, and dollars saved.
- Supports the measurement and implementation of ticket time to complete repair on job and works to close that timeframe.
- Assures the delivery of the highest quality services to end users, while establishing and maintaining standards for satisfaction of the end users.
- Provides direction and guidance in the preparation of programs to assure adequate training and development of personnel and ensure optimal performance.
- Manages the Field Services operation to ensure that both short and long-term operation objectives and financial goals are met through service call reduction initiatives.
- Collaborates with boundary partners to provide Subject Matter Expertise on Field Service installation and service damages and how to avoid them through tips and training.
- Coordinates with various operating units within Cox Communications to ensure the maximization of profit potential and cost reduction, while providing excellent service and sales.
- Participates on the department’s Collaborative Operational Review team, which audits regional methods and procedures to ensure compliance with Enterprise initiatives toward reducing operational expense.
- Contributes to and supports the development and implementation of Field Services strategies and tactics.
- Collaborates with other Field Services leadership to set performance goals based on functional enterprise goals.
- Analyzes performance measures and trends and drives improvements in the overall customer experience, support processes, practices, resources and expertise within Field Services.
- Identifies, champions, and facilitates the implementation of new initiatives that will improve the customer experience and employee satisfaction relative to delivery of quality service.
- Recommends improvements in methods, budget expenditures, equipment usage, and procedural modifications based upon statistical and process analyses.
- Develops methods to measure customer experience (NPS); obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts meeting customer expectations for time, cost and results.
- Anticipates and identifies tasks required to support change processing including performing change impact analysis, assigning tasks to project team members, verbally communicating complex issues, verifying that tasks are completed, and communicating implementation status.
- Oversee budget management, which typically includes costing and tracking of status and resolving cost issues.
- Manages complex and strategic projects under minimal supervision.
- 7 years successful experience in Field Services, Home Life (Security), CommCenter, Network Operations, Customer Care Operations or related field. 5+ years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree (MS/MBA or above)
- 2 years of work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated experience in customer service environment
- Demonstrated troubleshooting or technical support experience in any the following areas: structured wiring, field service installation and repair in voice, data or video
- Demonstrated success in project and/or program management
- Previous experience in translating strategic goals into program strategies in telecommunications or another competitive industry
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to interact with all levels of the Cox organization
- Proven ability to collaborate and negotiate successfully with internal and external parties.
- Proven ability to form successful partnerships
- Demonstrated capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous business environment
- Excellent follow-through and initiative in program issue resolution
- BS/BA degree in related discipline
- 2 or more years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred
- Experience managing departmental budget
- Experience in Home Security industry
- Experience in Communications industry
- Will require up to 25% travel
Requisition Number: 193667