We're hiring a Corporate Development Manager to report to Director Corporate Development who will provide support for all aspects of Grace’s merger and acquisition activities, including evaluating potential transactions through high quality financial analysis, managing due diligence activities and supporting deal negotiations and post-acquisition integration activities. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop comprehensive understanding of Grace’s businesses and long-term strategic objectives to effectively support and drive “high impact” analysis of potential targets and industries and other major strategic initiatives.
- Involved in all aspects of corporate development (i.e., mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, investments). Successful candidate will: own complex financial models and valuations; perform strategic and quantitative analysis; analyze target companies and industries; prepare competitive analysis; managing due diligence; and supporting integration activities.
- Effectively manage complex financial and valuation modeling and analysis (including discounted cash flows, accretion/dilution, investment returns, and sensitivity analysis) for potential M&A transactions, and other strategic initiatives.
- Lead and manage due diligence efforts with global deal teams including both internal business segment and corporate functional teams and external advisors (investment banks, law firms, accounting firms) to ensure appropriate review.
- Work closely with business segment leadership to drive the M&A pipeline process to accelerate acquisition strategy, including researching potential targets and industry trends using public and private sources of data (annual reports and filings, Internet, Bloomberg, analyst reports, Capital IQ).
- Prepare and present consistent and concise presentations for executive and business leadership teams and other stakeholders; provide analysis and recommendations to assist with strategic decision making.
- Strong understanding of finance/accounting; strong quantitative/analytical skill set
- Experience working with Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements to perform financial analysis; Experience building and using financial models
- Independent, analytical and intellectually curious person who can structure analysis and articulate findings to a wide range of stakeholders including senior leadership
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- B.S. degree Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 7+ plus years relevant experience in investment banking, corporate development or other relevant work experience with significant exposure to mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, etc.
- Demonstrated success supporting all aspects of the M&A process, including target identification; strategic analysis; complex modeling and valuation; and deal negotiation
- Strong communications skills with the ability to develop compelling arguments and confidently and concisely present analysis and recommendations to senior leadership
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience using data sources such as Capital IQ, FactSet, and Bloomberg