Manager, Corporate Development - Technical
- Manage and coordinate various aspects of the Newmont’s acquisition processes, supporting Senior Directors and Vice President of Corporate Development.
- Liaise with diverse internal and external teams to undertake due diligence, integration and divestment activities that will be used in the M&A process to support the Company’s strategic objectives.
- Coordinate the various activities related to the Newmont M&A process, including management of transaction timelines, data requests to potential targets and development of summary communication materials to senior management.
- Lead the development of due diligence reports & summary presentations that incorporate findings from technical functions, and where applicable business functions analysis, with recommendations for senior management and the investment counsel.
- Responsible for detailed understanding of technical fundamentals of each potential M&A transaction, with particular focus on risks and opportunities that may come with an acquisition, presented in a transparent manner.
- Liaise with Technical Services, Operations & Projects, Sustainability & External Relations, Exploration and other departments to ensure due diligence is undertaken to approved standards and processes, and inputs are provided to the financial analysis to make objective recommendations.
- Manage aspects of the due diligence, integration or transition processes with regard to the respective internal teams including, but not limited to, organizing meetings and coordinating analysis of information, with possible simultaneous projects requiring management at the same time
- Develop external relationships by attending industry conferences, and proactively representing Newmont on site visits.
- Determine the strategic fit of a project or investment opportunity and assist with presenting this analysis to relevant stakeholders.
- Manage through influence across the organization and bridge the needs of multiple stakeholders, including regional leadership, project teams and corporate functions.
- Ensure the information provided from the technical and business functions is suitable for use in portfolio and transaction models, and is based on appropriate assumptions that conform to current planning guidance.
- Provide input into the Rate and Rank, and Target Identification processes to ensure the development of potential acquisition opportunities that meets the needs of Newmont’s Strategic Plan.
- Effectively communicate analytical results and methods to personnel at all levels of the organization both verbally and in written formats.
- Demonstrate originality and judgment in the independent evaluation and resolution of problems.
- Participate in discussions with high-ranking employees of external parties.
- Manage seasonal interns
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geology, Mine Engineering, Project Engineering, or other related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7-10 years technical experience, with a preference for demonstrated cross-functional decision making, project management skills, and leadership experiencepreferred.
- Solid understanding of financial analysis would be well received, with previous experience related to planning, budgeting, economic analysis and other associated tasks or course work.
- Applies strategic thinking to generate new thoughts and opportunities; has ability to build on strategic and innovative thoughts/ideas.
- Continuously adapts to changes and effectively navigates through ambiguity; decides and acts without having the picture totally defined; appropriately changes one’s strategy in response to new information.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with adaptability to work with people from various areas of the business and leadership levels; builds and maintains highly effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; has a comprehensive and well-developed network.
- Experience planning and executing leadership/strategic initiatives to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Effective in preparing executive-level presentations (e.g., content development, speaking points, scripts, etc.).
- Expert analytic, quantitative and synthesis skills; in-depth understanding and application of technical data and its input into financial modeling and associated systems/tools and evaluations.
- Ability to lead through influence, impact across diverse stakeholder groups.
- The position is located in the corporate office in Greenwood Village
- Position may be required to travel to other domestic and international site
To learn more about Newmont visit us at:
- Newmont website: http://www.newmont.com/home/default.aspx
- Lifecycle of a Mine microsite (educational site that explains what happens during each phase of a mine's life): http://lifecycle.newmont.com/
- Newmont's blog site (weekly stories highlighting work being done in Newmont's regions and our employees): http://ourvoice.newmont.com/
- Newmont's annual sustainability report: http://sustainabilityreport.newmont.com/
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that fosters leaders and allows every person to thrive, contribute, and grow. We are committed to selecting and developing our employees, and to establishing a work environment where everyone can take an active part in reaching our strategic goals while feeling a sense of pride in working at Newmont.