Manager, Corporate Development
Manager, Corporate Development
As a Manager in Corporate Development, you will apply your strategic, analytical, and transactional skills to the identification and execution of growth opportunities across Capital One’s business lines (Card, Bank, Commercial, Auto, Mortgage, and Digital). You will help execute financial and strategic analysis of specific potential merger & acquisition opportunities, as well as more generally helping to evaluate financial and strategic considerations relating to businesses that Capital One operates or may consider entering. You will work closely with business line leadership, corporate strategy, finance, legal, and other areas to drive an integrated perspective to the analysis. In addition to acquisitions, you may be involved in joint ventures and business or asset divestitures. You will have the opportunity to participate in all transaction phases including strategic and financial analysis, negotiation, structuring, due diligence and integration.
A Corporate Development Manager is an expert in financial modeling and possesses strong strategic and analytical thinking skills in order to help drive the analysis of growth opportunities across Capital One. You will need to handle multiple concurrent projects spanning strategic analysis/research, valuation/merger analysis, and the execution of identified opportunities. The position also requires strong research, problem solving and conceptual thinking, and oral and written communication skills.
Responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Creating and maintaining financial models for acquisitions, joint ventures, or divestitures
- Conducting research on industries and/or companies to assist in the identification of growth opportunities for Capital One
- Preparing executive-level presentations that enables business leaders to make key decisions impacting Capital One's strategic path forward
- Structuring analyses efficiently to ensure accurate conclusions with an economy of time and effort
- Working collaboratively across a cross-functional project or deal team
- Working with external counterparties as appropriate (including target companies, investment banking advisors, or legal advisors)
- Writing and delivering communications to executive audiences
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent financial modeling skills, including work in some or all of the following: (i) Valuation analysis, (ii) Merger analysis, (iii) Bank capital analysis
- Capital markets exposure, especially within fixed income / asset-backed securities markets
- Clear results orientation: Display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. Candidate should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment.
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment.
- Proven knowledge of financial accounting
- Strong research skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking skills
- Advanced communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated success with team management and project management, including ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in financial analysis or at least 5 years’ experience in financial accounting
- At least 3 years’ experience in within the financial services industry
- At least 3 years’ experience with the fixed income securities and asset-backed securities markets
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), or Master’s Degree in Finance, or Master’s Degree in Economics
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) license or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- At least 6 years’ experience in financial analysis or 6+ years’ experience in financial accounting
- At least 4 years’ experience within the retailbanking industry or 4+ years’ experience within the consumer finance industry
- At least 4 years’ Capital Markets experience
- At least 1 year of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.