About the role:
Come join a team where you have the opportunity to use your communications know-how and creativity to help tell Sun Life’s story. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Communications, you’ll help develop communications strategy for the office of the CEO, manage corporate disclosure activities, as well as play a key role in creating communications that support our Client-focused Enterprise Strategy.
- Develop, manage and support proactive CEO communications strategy – including internal employee and leader meetings and messages, video creation, online content development, and social media strategy for the CEO.
- Develop presentations and assist with internal requests for CEO speaking engagements within Sun Life’s global community.
- Develop and coordinate communications plans and materials to support company initiatives related to Enterprise Strategy – including Company Purpose, Ambition, and Client-focused strategy.
- Manage multi-media communications program focused on sharing Client-centric stories across the global organization as well as externally.
- Project manage corporate disclosure activities, including overall process for Quarterly Results and Shareholder reports.
- Provide advice and support to executives and senior leaders in preparation for internal speaking engagements and video creation.
- Assist in development and execution of communications requirements for special projects as required.
- Ensure measurement in place to review results and effectiveness of communications activities.
- Provide quality control to review materials produced by team members for consistency, impact, and accuracy.
- Post-secondary education in related field (communications, journalism, public relations)
- Minimum 7 years experience in communications/public relations
- Understanding of multi-media channels, including social media, video and collaboration tools and appropriate channel strategy based on audience needs
- Demonstrated ability to advise senior leaders and business partners on communications best practices
- Understanding of the financial services industry
- Exceptional written communications skills including communications planning, writing, editing, proofreading and attention to detail
- Strong presentation and oral communications skills including ability to effectively present to leaders at any level of the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to collaborate with and influence colleagues, and develop and maintain relationships with leaders, peers and partners
- Ability to confidently counsel senior leaders on communications advice and support
- Strong project management skills, including ability to efficiently develop and manage communications materials to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledge of best practices and trends, including digital, video, social and collaboration technology capabilities to enhance communications
- Proactive communications professional with a creative approach, an eye to continuous improvement, and commitment to excellence. Team player with a strong focus on trying new approaches and delivering results
- Flexibility to work on communications activities outside of regular business hours on occasion
- Experience working for a public company and/or supporting executive communications
- Superior oral and written communication skills in both English and French as Asset