What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
- Act as Corporate Representative and Communications Lead in interactions with local, state, and federal governments and agencies.
- Assist the Treasurer with Investor Relations and related communications support.
- Collaborate with Executives, Senior Management, Social Responsibility, Internal and External Communications, and other teams to develop and disseminate corporate communications.
- Develop and maintain a strong internal and external network of relationships in support of corporate communications.
- Develop content to enhance awareness of Herman Miller's social responsibility efforts and work with the internal and external Communications Teams to spread the word.
- Identify appropriate messages, audiences, and methods of delivery to enable the timely and reliable communication of business performance and future expectations.
- Promote and protect Herman Miller's public policy interests.
- Work with Executive Leadership to develop written content, including internal and external communications, scripts, speeches, statements, presentations, etc.
- Work with the Senior Manager of Communications and Media to push out content that contributes to the achievement of company goals.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
- A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Finance, or a related field. A Master's degree in Communications, Marketing, Finance, or a related field is preferred.
- Six years of experience in professional communications.
- Three years of experience in corporate or financial and investor relations communications (preferred).
- The ability to think strategically and execute tactically. You must also be financially literate and possess well-developed business acumen.
- A demonstrated ability to write for a variety of needs with a nuanced understanding of tone, message, and medium.
- Successful experience with corporate communications, including executive, investor, financial, and crisis communications.
- Proven project management and organizational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions with or without accommodations.