Manager, Corporate Accounting - 144561
PPD is seeking a results oriented, technically proficient and motivated financial professional with extensive U.S. GAAP and large ERP general ledger experience. The position reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller (Director), Corporate Accounting.
This role will be involved in the following:
- Own the monthly financial close process, including general ledger maintenance
- Review and approve journal entries & account reconciliations, including the ability to recognize inaccuracies & inconsistencies and follow-through to resolve
- Supervise corporate accounting team members, ensure compliance with financial protocols and provide guidance onhandling non-routine transactions
- Oversee the U.S. GAAP consolidation process for the balance sheet and income statement
- Assess worldwide intercompany balances and resolve any discrepancies to ensure properly reconciled
- Create specialized reports and analyses using Oracle and Hyperion
- Provide technical accounting support to domestic and international accounting leadership
- Recommend accounting process changes to improve efficiency and global consistency
- Adhere to our policies & procedures and identify opportunities for improvements to our internal controls
- Interface with external auditors, including preparation of audit schedules and responding to audit requests
- Liaison with various parties including business unit financial and operational management, executive leadership, internalmanagement, external consultants, etc.
- Monitor new and emerging accounting pronouncements and other regulatory requirements
- Assist in special ad hoc projects as needed. Examples include mergers & acquisitions, foreign currency related matters, debt & equity accounting, entity restructuring, adoption of new accounting standards, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification (CPA preferred)
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 5+ years) including public accounting experience (Big 4 preferred) and/or large global corporate experience
- 1+ year of leadership responsibility
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge and experience of US GAAP
- Experience with Oracle ERP preferred
- Thorough technical research skills and attention to detail
- Experience with non-US company operations and foreign currency related matters
- Extensive knowledge, experience and understanding of COSO, SOX and effective control environments
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Proficient in problem solving and prioritizing
- Work effectively with all levels of employees
- Strong knowledge of approved accounting practices including financial statement information and preparation of financial reports and statistics
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills for analysis and presentation of data
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure
- Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment.
- Frequently drives to site locations and frequently travels both domestic and international.
- Long, varied hours may be required
- Frequently stationary for 6-8 hours per day.
- Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Moderate mobility required.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, bending and twisting of upper body and neck.
- Light to moderate lifting and carrying (or otherwise moves) objects including luggage and laptop computer with a maximum lift of 15-20 lbs.
- Ability to access and use a variety of computer software developed both in-house and off-the-shelf.
- Able to communicate information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups both internally & externally.
- Ability to apply basic principles to solve conceptual issues.
- Performs a wide range of variable tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence. Ability to perform under stress. Ability to multi-task.
- Regular and consistent attendance.