The Manager of Corporate Accounting will maintain the reconciliation and close manager tool. The position requires strong attention to detail, solid verbal and written communication skills, and excellent relationship building skills. This position requires significant interaction with a vast array of internal customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the reconciliation and close manager system.
- Maintain system to ensure new tasks are created and to work with management to achieve a faster close.
- Ensure that all accounts for the organization are monitored and have been reconciled.
- Assist in the maintenance, creation and monitoring of KPIs for the accounting areas to ensure a quality level of service to internal customers, providing regular reporting toCAO.
- Assist in the maintenance and establishment of new processes and controls consistent with a quality controls environment and drive improvements in efficiency, timeliness and accuracy of financial information and processes ensuring ongoing compliance with SOX and with US GAAP.
- Participate in cross-functional projects associated with accounting process or system changes.
FUNCTIONAL JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Integrity & Trust: direct, truthful individual; keeps confidences; recognizes improvement opportunities; takes ownership.
- Accuracy & Completeness: high attention to detail
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; concentrates efforts on the more important priorities; pursues assigned tasks to completion. Ability to thrive under the pressure of deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
- Customer Focus: Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in processes and reporting; establishes and maintains positive and effective relationships with customers and co-workers to gains their trust and respect. Highly intelligent with a strong work ethic and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Written Communications: Able to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Flexibility: Able to work overtime as required, including weekends to meet business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-8 years of experience in accounting, finance or audit with advanced knowledge of GAAP and accounting practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mortgage Banking Experience Preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word