We are currently recruiting for a Corporate Accounting Manager reporting directly to the Assistant Corporate Controller. The Manager, Corporate Accounting will oversee the daily operations of multiple legal entities, manage corporate accounting team of 3 corporate accounting staff, complete internal controls and Assist in process development. The Manager, Corporate Accounting will oversee the daily operations of multiple legal entities, manage corporate accounting team of 3 corporate accounting staff, complete internal controls and Assist in process development.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the corporate accounting department:
- Maintain accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Review journal entries and monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare equity compensation accounting entries and reporting in partnership with HR utilizing Solium
- Review balance sheet, income statement and budget/forecast variance analysis
- Collaborate with cross-function departments (e.g. Tax, Treasury, Legal, HR, etc.) to ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting
- Prepare quarterly statutory reporting financials for certain U.K. entities as required
- Review for any unusual or non-recurring transactions and working with Assistant Corporate Controller to properly account for such transactions
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Train and mentor corporate accounting staff, to include performance reviews and goal setting.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Complete SOX internal controls
- Monitor timely completion of monthly, quarterly and annual internal controls
- Develop and utilize in depth knowledge of the Company’s financial reporting tools (Hyperion) and general ledger package (SAP) to gather information for internal reporting
- Run and prepare Hyperion Adhoc reports to assist in reconciliation preparation, and journal entry validation
- Assist and support cost center owners with necessary reports and details
PERSON SPECIFICATION: (minimum education requirements, key skills and experience)
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Seven to ten years of accounting or auditing and two years of management experience
- Monthly financial statement close and budgeting experience
- SAP experience (required)
- HFM experience (required)
- CPA (preferred)
- Analytical skills, including research, ability to interpret data, and ability to analyze information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Systems
- Advanced organizational and time management skills, including ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate, summarize, and present information clearly to audiences with different backgrounds and at different levels of the organization and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently on projects after a brief explanation of the desired result
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects and see through to completion
- Accountability for actions and decisions as well as maintaining confidentiality
- Collaborate effectively and foster good teamwork
Bristow Group will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, sex, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic.