If you're looking for a career in a company that's evolving, has a great culture and amazing opportunities within the Healthcare Industry, AMN Healthcare is the clear choice. As America's largest and most respected health care staffing and management services company, we are the recognized leader in nursing, physician, and allied professionals. As part of the AMN team you'll work with motivated team members who have pride in - and passion for - what they do. Guided by our core values, we remain steadfast to our commitment to career growth and development for all levels of team members so they may navigate their own future and grow with the company. AMN will help you reach your professional and personal goals everyday while making a meaningful contribution. Experience for yourself The AMN Difference
The Manager, Corporate Accounting develops initiatives and goals consistent with the current strategic and professional objectives of the Company. Coordinate and ensure that the accounting functions are being performed as stated in company policy and in accordance with GAAP.
- Continually evaluate the needs of the department such as staffing requirements, employee development, and business process optimization
- Coordinate the close of the Company books in the accounting system based on the financial close schedule. Distribute the close calendar each period and coordinate deadlines within the team; communicating status to other departments impacted throughout the close cycle
- Coordinate quarterly compilation and posting of Post Close Adjustment entries
- Review journal entries, all financial statements/transactions, and approve general ledger account reconciliations and ensure understanding, cause, and appropriateness of all reconciling items
- Review reasonableness if accounting estimates and that the assumptions and sources for those estimates are valid
- Assist in the review of contract summaries and accounting memos for accounting treatment
- Support or manage the scheduling and preparation of the consolidated financial statements, SEC required public company filings, independent audit activities, or reviews for AMN on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis in accordance with the principles of consolidation set forth by AMN, SOX and GAAP
- Assist in coordination of the accounting integration of mergers or acquisitions
- Review footnote disclosures, including support, for quarterly and annual financial statements
- Support and measure viability of new processes or system enhancements by taking holistic view of problems/opportunities while proposing value, casting vision and managing change.
- Develop, evaluate and enforce policies and procedures based on assessment of current business environment, feedback from team and management in order to continually deliver quality product in an efficient manner and ensure safeguards or compliance.
- Through effective communication and leadership skills, promote a positive team environment with increased employee engagement; hiring/coaching/developing team members, providing feedback on individual work performance and allocating resources as needed
- Manage corporate accounting projects and the team's participation in company-wide projects to support successful outcomes aligned with AMN company goals.
Education, Certifications & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other field with equivalent college credits in Accounting from an accredited College or University and CPA license required
- Minimum of 5 years general ledger accounting or audit experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience within a public company
● Continuous Improvement
● Customer Focus
AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer
We encourage minority and female applicants to apply
AMN Healthcare is committed to fostering and maintaining a diverse team that reflects the communities we serve. Our commitment to the inclusion of many different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives enables our innovation and leadership in the healthcare services industry.
We value professionalism in everything we do – this includes the professional presence we project as we interact with internal and external customers.