We’re looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to lead and grow this critical team. The team is responsible for critical components of the Grubhub System such as our Operating System (Ubuntu) builds, automation to manage ten thousand (plus) hosts, DNS, TLS, and cloud networking. The Manager will need to be hands-on technical in these challenging areas while growing the engineers on the team.
The Impact You Will Make
- Building a new system to manage critical agents across our fleet of Linux hosts
- Designing a new automated process for building, testing and deploying linux machine images
- Working with our SRE and Corporate IT team on building a solution for secure access to cloud resources
- Building a solution for consolidating management of DNS providers and registrars
- Work closely with our Security Engineering Team to build a system to rollout and manage security tools and best practices
- Manage, build, and improve observability solutions, including Splunk
What You Bring to the Table
- 8+ years in a technical role as a DevOps Engineer, SRE, Infrastructure Engineer or similar
- 3+ years experience as a manager
- Experience with configuration management systems
- Experience writing automation code in Python, Ruby or a similar language
- Experience supporting high volume production systems
- Linux system internals knowledge, networking fundamentals and AWS experience.