What's cool about this job
At REI our core mission is to inspire, educate and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. Contribute to REI’s success in inspiring and educating by helping people discover and participate in classes and local events. We are looking for an Inspiring & Engaging Leader to join our Core Infrastructure Engineering team. This position leads a strong IT engineering team responsible for Core Systems Engineering in our Retail locations, Data Centers, Distribution Centers and Cloud Computing Environments. We are looking for a leader who understands how to drive business results, while successfully balancing customer service, as well as REI’s culture of harmony in work-life balance.
Bring your passion and expertise
- Servant Leadership – Understand and practice the principles of Servant Leadership
- Engineering Leader – Looking for an experienced leader of people, process & technology in a Retail/Experiences Based technology environment. An entrepreneurial spirit who can help identify/drive optimizations in the Core Infrastructure space and inspire team members to continually evolve. A leader that knows the importance of partnerships at all levels to move our mission forward
- Agile/Kanban/Iterative Engineering Proficient – Leading teams in Agile/Kanban ceremonies with an eye towards continuous improvement. Proficient leading teams through an iterative engineering practice (e.g. MVPx approach)
- Technically Savvy – Experience understanding systems design, architecture and representing technology roadmaps for the Core Infrastructure Engineering domain. The specific areas of experience fall into the following technical areas:
- Systems Hardware – HPE Chassis’, Blades, Hyper-Converged Hardware (Simplivity) in both our Retail and Corporate Data Center spaces
- OS – Linux (CentOS, RHEL), Windows Server • Domain Services – AD, ADFS
- Hyper-Visor – ESXi, VMWare. Includes vRA, vROPS and orchestration to automate deployment
- Automation and Orchestration for Systems – Push our Cloud infracode practices into the data center
- Container Management – Experience in Docker Management and Orchestration (SWARM and Kubernetes)
- Cloud – Experience in AWS IaaS and PaaS service deployment as well as Cloud Foundational infra pipeline tools such as Terraform.
- Organized – Proven project management and organizational skills
- Experienced – 5-8 years of experience in leading systems engineering teams