Promotes and sells destination as a convention and meeting destination in the market defined under Account Responsibility, while achieving specific lead generation and room-night consumption goals as assigned.
Account Responsibility: Corporate/National Association Market Segment on local, regional and national levels with more than 150+ total room nights requested regardless of arrival date, with the primary responsibility to book citywide conventions utilizing hotels in both Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga, and Ontario Convention Center.
- Identifies organizations within assigned market segment, which can be potential customers of the Greater Ontario area utilizing hotels, restaurants and other facilities
- Creates and maintains client base within the market
- Efficient allocation of meeting/exhibit space,
- Effective contract negotiations with event planners
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with clients
- Continue prospecting new clients and business via various solicitation methods includes but not limited to internet research, telephone, letters, and personal contacts
- Conducts site tours of the Greater Ontario area as required. Entertains clients as appropriate
- Develops and maintains an accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the capabilities of the Greater Ontario area and effectively uses this knowledge as a sales tool
- Prepares and delivers written and oral sales presentations to individuals and/or groups as appropriate
- Documents, thoroughly, information relating to contacts and needs of clients or prospective clients. Assures such files and database are properly organized and kept up to date using the department's filing procedures
- Stimulates the constant improvement of selling methods and productivity.
- Maintains a positive and professional image and builds an effective rapport with clients or prospective clients
- Follows up with all leads in a timely manner
- Attend tradeshows, sales missions, networking meetings and local meetings to solicit convention business; responsible for pre-planning, target marketing, pre and post milers and all booth arrangements for tradeshows in which incumbent participates
- Assist in the planning and execution of promotional events, and special projects.
- Contribute to the overall sales objectives of the Greater Ontario area and the Ontario Convention Center by achieving goals set forth by the Director
- Assists the Director in the implementation of sales plans and objectives, and recommends programs and policies to achieve these plans and objectives.
- Assists on special assignments as required by the Director
- Four-year degree from an academic institution, business or hospitality preferred
- Five years minimum of hospitality industry sales experience
- Strong analytical skills to be able to determine quality of business and best suited business opportunities for community
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands
Valid California Driver License
- Booking Goal Achievement
- Methods of preparing and presenting effective sales presentations
- Destination marketing organizations and their funtion
- Skill and ability to write and initiate sales plans
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintain a professional image
- Tactfully interact with staff, clients, the general public, and the hospitality community
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities within specific time guideline and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame
- Travel as required to and from field markets and tradeshows
- Ability to operate computer, fax, email system and general office equipment including laptop computers when traveling away from office
- Has worked with some form of CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Operate a motor vehicle.