Position Summary: Promotes and sells destination as a convention and meeting destination in the market defined under Account Responsibility, while achieving specific lead generation, room-night production, and revenue goals as assigned.
- Identifies organizations within assigned market segment, which can be potential customers of the Greater Ontario area utilizing hotels, restaurants and other facilities
- Ability to travel to conduct a minimum of 6-8 destination sales trips per year in addition to trade show attendance.
- Creates and maintains client base within the market
- Efficient allocation of meeting/exhibit space at OCC
- Effective contract negotiations with event planners
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with clients
- Continue prospecting new clients and business via various solicitation methods includes but not limited to internet research, telephone, letters, and personal contacts
- Conducts site tours of the Greater Ontario area as required. Entertains clients as appropriate
- Develops and maintains an accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the capabilities of the Greater Ontario area and effectively uses this knowledge as a sales tool
- Prepares and delivers written and oral sales presentations to individuals and/or groups as appropriate
- Documents, thoroughly, information relating to contacts and needs of clients or prospective clients. Assures such files and database are properly organized and kept up to date using the department's filing procedures
- Stimulates the constant improvement of selling methods and productivity.
- Maintains a positive and professional image and builds an effective rapport with clients or prospective clients
- Follows up with all leads in a timely manner
- Attend tradeshows, sales missions, networking meetings and local meetings to solicit convention business; responsible for pre-planning, target marketing, pre and post milers and all booth arrangements for tradeshows in which incumbent participates
- Assist in the planning and execution of promotional events, and special projects.
- Contribute to the overall sales objectives of the Greater Ontario area and the Ontario Convention Center by achieving goals set forth by the Director
- Assists the Director in the implementation of sales plans and objectives, and recommends programs and policies to achieve these plans and objectives.
- Assists on special assignments as required by the President & CEO, GM, or DOS.
- Additional items for Sacramento based manager:
- Ability to travel to Ontario for site-inspections, company meetings, etc. as business levels demand. This may require last minute trip planning.
- Complete a minimum of three full days of sales calls (5-7 per day), in the Sacramento or alternative Northern California Markets
- Plan sales trips, missions, and client events in the local market as outlined on the sales travel and activity calendar
- Four-year degree from an academic institution, business or hospitality preferred
- Five years minimum of hospitality industry sales experience
- Strong analytical skills to be able to determine quality of business and best suited business opportunities for community
- Willing and able to work evenings, weekends and holidays based on client and office demands
Valid California Driver License
- Methods of preparing and presenting effective sales presentations
- Marketing principles and public relations
- California State Association/Sacramento Market
- Skill and ability to write and initiate marketing budget plans
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Maintain a professional image
- Tactfully interact with staff, clients, the general public, and the hospitality community
- Strong and consistent ability to prioritize activities within specific time guideline and to handle multiple responsibilities within a specific time frame
- Ability to operate computer, fax, email system and general office equipment including laptop computers when traveling away from office
- Computer knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Operate a motor vehicle.