Manage and oversee all aspects of the creation and maintenance of core software used in the automation and control of Stratasys’ printer products. Coordinate product requirements, create product specifications, identify architectures, divide and assign tasks and manage the process of software design, integration and functional verification. Provide technical leadership and help drive improvements in the development process. Lead the company toward technical excellence while bringing products to market under the constraints of budget and schedule. Success can be measured bythe timely achievement of efficient and functional code that brings customer value while maintaining a low defect level with code that is well documented, maintainable and extensible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Contribute to company planning by coordinating product requirements, creating product specifications, and submitting project proposals. Provide technical leadership, innovation and creative ideas within all areas of the R&D group.
- Establish and manage to a staffing plan including skills assessment and development based on product development requirements and company planning
- Responsible for mentoring and developing staff’s technical, design/development, tradeoff, and product development skills
- Improve and own the Product Development Process for group including proposals, specifications, schedules, milestones, peer reviews, program reviews, system integration, test planning, and product rollout support.
- Drive the company toward technical excellence in software design through leadership of best practices and introduction of modern development methodologies and tools.
- Develop technical roadmaps, product architectures, subsystem designs, and guide overall implementation as required.
- Ensure delivery of committed projects, meeting functional, performance, schedule and quality requirements.
- Further the work of cross-functional teams by assuming joint responsibility with other disciplines and by effective communication and coordination. Ensure regular communication with cross-functional engineering teams, product management, manufacturing, customer service, marketing, and sales to create and sustain a good working relationship. Take initiative by accepting responsibility above and beyond assigned tasks and by promoting new ideas.
- Demonstrate commitment to Stratasys Core Values by leading, acting and behaving in a manner consistent with these values.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures and attend all safety trainings related to the job.
Essential Education, Skills and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, EE, Math or other engineering or science
- Minimum of 8+ years of software development experience using C, C++ or C#. Familiarity with a broad range of software technologies including embedded and controls software for electro-mechanical systems, web development, and testing and verification software.
- A minimum of 4+ years of engineering management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, decision making and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on the ability to effectively guide product development projects.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Experience with different software development processes including Agile processes.
- This individual will supervise assigned Software Engineers, Programmers, and Technicians which includes annual performance reviews, career development discussions, and project assignments.
- Works in a pleasant office environment with other department staff, utilizing a computer workstation and various software applications. Specific work schedule is coordinated with direct supervisor.
- Travel requirement: Rarely
Job code: 16362