Manager/Controller - Private Accounting Solutions
5 - 7 years experience •
AndersenTax offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement programs, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, professional accreditation assistance, andotheremployee incentives.
Accounting and Advisory Service / Private Accounting Managers serve as members of client service teams for a variety of clients, including ultra high net worth individuals, executives, entrepreneurs, business entities in emerging industries, charitable organizations, and private foundations. Managers must have a strong accounting background and be knowledgeable of complex accounting and controls as well as financialreporting issues, including financial statement preparation on a GAAP basis as well as Other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA). A general knowledge of individual and corporate taxation, as well as financial planning concepts is advantageous.
Managers are members of a collaborative team serving clients in a holistic manner. Managers are responsible for client engagements, reviewing accounting processes and controls, general ledger functions, and identifying and resolving client financial-related issues. They must possess strong financialreporting and analysis skills, both quantitative and qualitative, to help guide the business decisions of their clients. Managers must maintain strong written and oral presentation skills, and supervise Senior Associates, Experienced Associates and Associates.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related degreepreferred;
- Advanced credential preferred (i.e. CPA);
- 5-8years of relevant work experience within an accounting or audit firm;
- Strong leadership, multitasking and organizational skills;
- Initiate and respond to opportunities in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a natural facilitator;and
- Proficient use of technology including accounting systems, QuickBooks, Quicken, MS Excel and MS Word.