Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Join us at PSCU!
This position provides leadership to business unit leaders’ strategic direction, as it relates to vendor selection, vendor negotiations, vendor performance, issue resolution, and Requests for Proposals (RFPs). You will analyze, assess, and recommend vendor selection to vendor owners based on vendor capabilities, product growth, competition, risk, compliance, and financial analysis.
You will at times negotiate directly with vendors, and at other times coach and support vendor owner as they negotiate with vendors, to achieve best price, service, and quality. You will also establish enterprise-wide best practices and offer consultative support related to vendor sourcing, request for proposals/information, service level agreements, SLA penalties, and performance monitoring.
The Program Manager will report to the VP of Vendor Risk Management and interact with all levels of leadership. You will be required to influence and collaborate with senior management to achieve company goals that impact the enterprise and its clients.
Must be a strong negotiator with ten years of experience negotiating large multimillion dollar contracts. Financial services industry experiencepreferred.
- Negotiate third party agreements; identify negotiation strategy, target price, define service levels, identify business issues, risk considerations; Identify areas of opportunity for overall cost reduction or mitigation of cost increases for specific services or products;
- Review vendor specific contracts, and partner with business owners within PSCU to investigate service/use, identify service gaps and business opportunities; and present recommended solutions to business owner;
- Build and maintain strong, mutually beneficial relationships with PSCU business owners throughout the organization, serving as an advocate for the business owner internally, and as an advocate for PSCU to the vendor; coach and advise business owners on vendor relations, strategic direction, services and strategy to achieve best practice vendor relations.
- Advise business owners with the onboarding of new strategic vendors or products by identifying and communicating PSCU’s expectations as it relates to the services to be provided and influence collaboration; consult with the business owner to identify gaps in vendor processes and assist in correcting them to ensure the business owners’ expectations are effectively met with a smooth transition
- Consult and coach business owners on RFP best practices to achieve desirable results to drive a fair and objective vendor selection; create an industry best practice RFP template for company-wide use to administer to third party vendors during RFP process; assist with the evaluation of vendor qualifications and responses; participate in vendor selection process
- Leverage existing vendor relationships by Identifying existing vendors that qualify for new services/products; notify the business owner to ensure the existing vendor is given consideration for new opportunities.
- Iterate, refine, implement, and communicate all third party related policies and procedures to ensure best practices are current, administered, and enforced companywide; develop and deliver training on third party related policies and procedures to company stakeholders
- Partner with Vendor Risk Oversight, Legal, Enterprise Risk, Compliance, Information Security, and Finance to identify risks related to regulatory requirements and ensure they are addressed and mitigated prior to onboarding a new vendor.
Experience: Ten (10) years vendor or contract management experience. Ten (10) years relevant contract negotiation experiencerequired. People management a plus.
Education: Bachelor’s DegreeRequired in Business or related field, MBA Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong communication skills to articulate company goals and initiatives to strategic partners to influence collaboration
- Strong knowledge and experience with legal agreements: including interpretation and understanding of contract provisions; understanding of contract structure; and contract documentation.
- Strong financial, analytical, business case development, and modeling skills; demonstrates strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation and organization skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience with procurement best practices; policy and procedure; and vendor sourcing
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meetdeadlines; Ability to develop detailed project plans and demonstrate strong reasoning skills