Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
This position will build, manage and maintain globally integrated programs that continuously advance standard sales contract forms and the overall administration and data trends of the contract lifecycle management (CLM) system. The role requires significant cross-functional interaction with regional and legal teams, and a strong understanding of First Solar’s sales processes. The position requires a highly competent, entrepreneurial and data driven individual to take the Global Business Development (GBD) Contract Programs vision, establish the foundation, and build out the team.
In addition, the leader must have a full appreciation for the business implications of contractual terms and conditions, typical deal risks, and be confident to engage with regional leaders and subject matter experts to achieve Global Business Development objectives.
Finally, the leader will have executive level visibility and be responsible for executive level report outs and guidance. This position will be responsible for leading and managing the processes and tools to determine contractual risks and trends across the portfolio as part of corporate risk management and sales continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in an international organization
- Proven record in leading and managing people and processes implementation
- Contract execution and/or management experience relating to sales or service contracts, paralegal services, order fulfillment and/or revenue recognition; power sector experiencepreferred
- Power sector experience or cross-functional coordination role at an international OEM company preferred
- Evidence of excellent customer service inside and outside of the organization, strategic thinking, communication, analytical, planning and organizational skills required
- Strong program management and/or legal background and analytical experience in Finance/Sales support positions, ideally within an international OEM company
- Ability to work effectively across functional areas and work in dynamic, complex environment
- Ability to make recommendations and drive decision-making
- Demonstrated willingness/ability to coordinate, follow-up and execute on projects/tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering or related field;
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Fast-cycle continuous improvement program management experience (eg, Kaizen or other CI model)
- Solid understanding of sales processes, contract terms, liabilities and typical revenue recognition requirements
- Familiarity with contract lifecycle management processes and systems; experience enforcing contractual obligations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across various cultures, geographies, and levels of responsibility
- A strong leadership aptitude, ability to establish metrics and processes to improve sales transaction efficiency, contractual risk management and consistency
- Ability to work cross-functionally, fostering engagement from external team members, to drive change without explicit authority
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to establish credibility and maintain effective working relationships with corporate and GBD stakeholders
- Manage the advancement of standard contract terms and conditions that balance transaction speed/efficiency, market needs, corporate risk profile and customer experience; maintain and evolve library of approved alternative negotiation positions
- Manage and monitor revenue-side contract lifecycle management system entries for meta-data contract trends, liabilities and obligations to inform corporate risk management, accounting and compliance decisions
- Provide guidance, when needed, on contractual liabilities and obligations across the global portfolio
- Be the trusted advisor to global legal, business development and sales systems teams on sales technology roadmap decisions relating to contract management and transaction efficiency for both direct and indirect sales channels
- Act as the primary liaison with all cross-functional business partners involved in the development of standard contract terms and conditions across all sales channels (excludes deal-specific negotiations).
- Strong working relationships with the global sales, legal, and back office functions. Build productive relationships and feedback loops with Legal, Finance, Treasury, Logistics, Accounting, Sales Operations, Product Management and other internal teams.
- Reports to Director, Global Sales Operations
- Build direct team over time