Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I: Job Summary
This position will provide cradle to grave contract and subcontract administration, monitor contracts for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies, Lead/Manage the preparation of cost/business proposal volumes compliant with federal government solicitations and to research and interpret government regulations as they apply to contracts and advise program management staff and other company personnel of contractual rights, responsibilities and obligations.
- Provide cradle to grave contract and subcontract administration for FFP, Cost Reimbursable, and T&M contract types
- Administers highly complex contracts containing multiple contract types and multiple contract line items;
- Participating in day-to-day contract administration activities;
- Drafting contracts, contract modifications, agreements, terms and conditions, correspondence and othercontract related documents;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact with the Customer on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for contract modifications;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact with major subcontractors on formal communications and submittals, and as delegated, leading the negotiations for new subcontracts and subcontract modifications;
- Acting as representative liaison and point of contact for coordination and communication with all departments on contract related issues;
- Maintaining contract files (e.g. contracts, correspondence, modifications, data deliverables lists) in accordance with government regulations and company policies
- Assisting in new business pursuits to include but not limited to; reviewing solicitations and lead/manage the preparation of cost/business proposal volumes compliant with federal government solicitations
- Assisting in the management and resolution of accounting issues that have significant implications to contract performance and payment for same (e.g. contract type, cost accounting standards, cost allowability, payment terms, disclosure statements, certifications, audit requests, and retentions);
- Analyzing and interpreting contract requirements, including all terms and conditions and FAR/HHSAR/DFARS to ensure compliance with same;
- Assisting in the identification, development, implementation and maintenance of Contracts Department practices, policies, procedures and guidelines; and
- Maintaining a strong understanding of the Company's overall business strategy and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications for contracting activities.
- Monitor contracts for compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and corporate policies and initiate corrective action as required
- Research and interpret government regulations as they apply to contracts and advise program management staff and other company personnel of contractual rights, responsibilities and obligations
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: Education, Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+years’ government contracting experience OR
- A minimum of 8+ years’ of experience with dedicated work under U.S. Government Contracts/FAR based Federal contracting may be substituted for Bachelor’s Degree
- Self-starter with exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and dedication to customer service
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of FAR; HHSAR a plus
- Must have experience and be knowledgeable in all aspects of Federal Government acquisition (i.e. solicitation/RFP development, proposal evaluation, negotiations, source selection, determination of fair and reasonable pricing, contract administration and close-out)
- Expert knowledge of FFP, Cost Reimbursable, and T&M contract types
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Sound judgment and creativity that can be applied to resolution of contract issues
- Experience with HHS/BARDA/NIAID and DoD contracts, a plus