- Provides excellent business partnering to Business Area on contractual matters and transfers confidence to other members of Contracts, Compliance and Legal where necessary on shared services and compliance and legal matters.
- Performs and/or oversees “cradle to grave” contract management activities, including providing sound advice on proposal preparation and contractrisk mitigation.
- Negotiates and administers contracts and related auxiliary agreements and guides and coordinates contracts professionals, where applicable, on such activities.
- Represents the Company independently or as team leader on complex, high-risk and/or large-scale customer and supply chain transactions.
- Contributes expertise to contract strategy meetings to identify issues and customer requirements.
- Prepares and presents analyses of completed bid/proposal packages, including recommendations to management for negotiation strategies.
- Monitors programs and proactively identifies and resolves problems related to contract changes and compliance with schedules, specifications, and other obligations.
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and recommendations to mitigate contractual/program risks.
- Fosters and maintains a sound and reliable relationship with counterparts in internal and external customer organizations.
- Shares subject matter expertise to train Business Area cross functional staff on contract issues to raise contracting awareness, as needed.
- As a member of the CAES Contracts team and broader Finance, Contracts, Compliance, Legal (“FCCL”) team, assists with development and implementation of functional strategy and deliverables.
- Participates in and, when requested, leads special projects or improvement initiatives as designated by senior leaders within FCCL.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to contracting, as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Established track record of successful “cradle to grave” contracts management, including advising on complex proposals, negotiating terms, and managing contract changes.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve positive results through influence, negotiation and change management.
- Proven ability to develop sound relationships in internal and external customer organizations.
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage time and competing priorities, including handling several assignments concurrently.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and documentation databases.
- Strong understanding of contract terms and conditions, FAR, DFARS, and risk mitigation strategies.
- At least eight (8) to twelve (12) years’ experience in government and commercial contracting.
- Masters degree and/or additional contracts management experience
- Experience in the aerospace and defense industry
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- See Qualifications and Experience section.
- Frequent Travel __%
- Evening/Weekend Hours
- Valid Driver’s License
- Heavy Lifting (Capable of at least ____lbs)
- Long Periods Walking/Standing
Position Reports to:
All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)). In order to be eligible for positions requiring a Security Clearance, you must be a US Citizen.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.