The Manager, Contract Management and Procurement organizes, coordinates, evaluates and provides oversight to the business unit’s team that strategically select products and services and builds excellent relationships with business partners and vendors. Monitors and coordinates requests for contracts, purchase orders and receipts of goods and services in an automated environment. The Manager ensures adherence to corporate policies and procedures related to procurement. Serve as lead professional on complex projects.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Provide administrative oversight to the automated contract management & purchasing system (Zycus) including maintaining master data, workflows, user access, and system settings.
• Monitor workflow and issue logs and work closely with Zycus technical support team and internal stakeholders to maintain workflow and resolve issues.
• Implement and enforce procurement policy and practices. Partner with business units in submitting contract and Purchase order creation in the Zycus. Develop new sources of supply and evaluates the marketplace in partnership with business units.
• Use a variety of procurement methods, including strategic sourcing for reducing the total costs of externally purchased products and services, while maintaining or improving levels of quality goods and services.
• Generate, review and analyze department and division procurement data and reports; determine and make conclusions regarding patterns, trends, and problem spend areas.
• Process business unit’s requisitions and related orders. Responsible for the Supplier Diversity Program. Update and maintain procurement documents. Create reports to measure the effectiveness of the procurement process for management.
• Select suppliers and negotiate contracts as needed. Prepare request/purchase order and enter receiving information of material or service in the system. Measure and manage supplier performance. Submit orders to vendors as needed.
• Ensure that products and services match specifications. Manage inbound and outbound contract agreements. Analyze price and cost trends in the marketplace.
• Work with stake holders to identify opportunities for developing new and/or streamlined approaches to procurement processes and systems to ensure needs are being met
• Ensure all efforts are made to acquire goods and services in a timely manner; the competitive bid process is fair and ethical; vendors comply with contract terms; and vendor payments are processed in a timely manner
• Work closely with Accounts Payable staff to resolve problems in the purchase order and payment process as needed. Work with the Cost Center Managers to avoid expired contract and ensure all purchases are competitively bid or that sufficient justification and documentation is obtained to allow non-bid purchases. Other duties as assigned
Requirements If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS or equivalent experience; Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM) certification or equivalent preferred
• 5-7 years’ experience; 5+ years’ experience in a contract management role. 3 years of experience working in an automated Procure to Pay environment.
• Proficient in the use of Zycus or similar Procure to Pay system
• Strong MS Office applications proficiency(Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent grammar and language skills, spelling, proofing and ability to complete complex mathematic computations.
• Proven negotiation skills
• Strong analytical and proven written communication skills
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work independently
• Accuracy, productivity, dependability and a good attendance record are important attributes
• Proven ability to effectively interact with internal and external clients using tact and diplomacy
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Ability to calculate, collect and present statistical processing data.