Job ID 571775BR
The ABC Entertainment Marketing Strategy team is looking for a creative, forward-thinking individual to join its Digital Content group in the role of Manager, Content. This creative/editorial-meets-digital position requires a zeal for furthering ABC’s properties on digital platforms, as well as synergy strategies across all of ABC’s marketing initiatives. While the primary responsibility is digital content coverage in support of ABC series on owned platforms, it also encompasses creative and production support across other platforms and mediums including social media and on-air.
Digital Content supports and furthers the blockbuster shows that appear on the ABC television network. The show sites themselves turn hourly, daily on-air content into a 24/7 content-rich and fan-focused experience. If you have a passion for television and entertainment, are highly creative, highly organized, and thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you!
The Manager, Content role supports the development and implementation of overall ABC Entertainment Marketing digital strategy, taking cues from multiple stakeholders as well as internal groups, in order to create, cultivate and distribute cross-platform digital content to engage, delight, and grow the ABC audience.
This position is located in Burbank, CA.
- Helps lead and support the ABC Entertainment Marketing Strategy Digital Content team
- Ideates, creates, and cultivates digital content in support of assigned ABC series
- Closely follows assigned ABC series (watch episodes, read scripts, follow digital fans, etc.)
- Ensures that all content on ABC owned digital platforms serves a broad range of fans and supports the brand and current marketing strategy
- Keeps a constant, keen eye on success metrics and market trends in digital media and course corrects quickly and appropriately
- Provides leadership and mentorship to junior members of the Digital Content team
- Represents the Digital Content team with stakeholders including other marketing teams, the Digital Media team, Ad Sales, Current and Programming, and show production
- Minimum of 4 years professional digital content creative experience
- Minimum of 2 years editorial experience: composing original copy as well as proofing and copyediting others’ work
- Experience with creating and curating video content
- Proven track record of handling high volume, concurrent requests from multiple stakeholders with successful outcomes
- Extremely organized and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize requirements and make informed project/program tradeoffs
- Demonstrated leadership and mentorship capabilities
- Robust experience representing digital platforms with various digital and non-digital stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (primarily with teammates and managers)
- Extreme attention to detail as well as a profound distaste for typos and spelling errors
- Experience with content management systems
- Knowledge of current trends and interest in future landscapes of digital platforms across web, apps and social media
- Experience creating professional digital content across multiple platforms and mediums including web, apps, and social media
- Experience creating professional digital content in support of other media, particularly broadcast or cable television series
- Proficiency with multiple content management systems and the ability to learn production processes quickly
- Experience using various documentation tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint/Keynote
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity