Company Overview Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Posting Job Description What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Content Protection & Analytic for the Content Protection & Analytics department. The Manager Content Protection and Analytics role is required to work independently and with various levels of internal and external resources. The position requires a strong knowledge of the Video Game and Audiovisual industries, piracy, enforcement, and online investigative techniques. The candidate must be familiar with online piracy protocols generally for all types of content, and be familiar with Intellectual Property piracy and enforcement generally. The position also requires strong analytical and computer skills and the ability to generate data/business intelligence reports in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Tableau. The role will be responsible for coordinating anti-piracy activities and generating analytical reports on a worldwide level, liaising as appropriate with international WB and industry/trade association Anti-Piracy resources. Strong communication skills in English is required. Some investigations will involve foreign language sites/targets, most notably Spanish and Chinese, so foreign language skills, and/or the ability to use online translation tools is also required.
- Represents WB at relevant working groups of trade associations handling content and anti-piracy enforcement.
- Investigate, coordinate and update enforcement efforts, such as list of targets and associated enforcement campaigns against such targets; Works with WB VP of Content Protection and Analytics to quickly process appropriate responses to illegal/unauthorized pirate activity, both on the Internet or involving physical and investigate links.
- Conduct online investigation of sources of pirated content.
- Maintain, update and/or provide input to internal and external WB online anti-piracy scanning systems and vendors.
- Generate business intelligence and analytical reports as requested.
- Coordinate as needed with outside vendors and anti-piracy search firms responsible for monitoring the Internet and searching for pirate copies of WB content on P2P networks, FTP servers, portal sites, news groups, hosting sites, auction sites etc.
What do we require from you?
- A BA/BS degree (equivalent) is required (International business or technology focus preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of Internet protocols and/or IT systems preferred.
- Understanding of current piracy problem required.
- Advanced knowledge of Video Game and Audiovisual industry development, production and distribution.
- Software skills required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- Spanish and/or Chinese language reading proficiency preferred or ability to use translation tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in entertainment or a related industry.
- Management consulting or operations experience a plus.
- Prior works experience performing online investigation, data analysis and creating business intelligence reports is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, written and orally.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to collaborate in a close team atmosphere.
- Ability to work independently and organize priorities to comply with deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and meet pressing deadlines under pressure.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
- Must pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must be organized and schedule work effectively.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and the same time.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.