The Manager, Contact Center Operations is responsible for ensuring outstanding relationship development and management with customers in order to deliver a superior customer experience for patients of all Martin's Point Healthcare Delivery System locations. Partnering with leadership across the Delivery System, the manager helps to ensure a positive and seamless relationship continuum, from scheduling appointments, assisting with requests for service (refills, referrals, etc.) to facilitating patient interactions with clinical support – with primary responsibility for delivering on service performance goals and patient satisfaction with the call handling experience.
This position collaborates and partners regularly with the Revenue Cycle Director and Delivery System Leaders to ensure that Contact Center operations support high quality delivery of patient care. In partnership with Revenue Cycle Director and Contact Center Supervisors this position is responsible for implementation, monitoring and integration of management systems and programs throughout the department.
- Responsible for the development and management of the customer service and call handling experience with intent to deliver the highest satisfaction and enduring relationships with our Delivery System customers
- Leads teams by setting expectations, providing feedback and coaching, and supporting training programs and development plans
- Works across the delivery system to drive service improvements based on patient feedback
- Develops and maintains a team approach in the management of employees
- Guides the development of reports to identify trends, increase functionality, and evaluate employee performance. Drives improvements based on data
- Analyzes and trends phone queues to guide workforce planning and maximize use of telephone system.
- Analyzes and trends in patient and employee experience data which results in the identification of process improvement activities improving patient and employee experience and satisfaction (e.g. call tracking reports, telephone reports, satisfaction surveys, etc.).
- Collaborates with Contact Center Supervisors to designs and Implements operational processes and systems that increase customer service levels
- Supports, monitors and audits Standard Work implementation to ensure integration and sustainment into the team's workflows
- Leads Contact Center Team meetings. Will participate in meetings/committees as appropriate on a site, DS and Org Level
- Works collaboratively with other departments and with organizational functions to maximize operational efficiency, quality and effectiveness of service
- Works with Contact Center Supervisors to manage and coach contact center staff to perform effectively, as a team, to support MP strategies with an intense focus on customer service/support and proactive problem solving
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience required
- 5+ years related experience in call center, insurance, health care and/or customer service required
- Experience in a healthcare customer service environment preferred
- 2+ years of Leadership experience (staff and/or projects) required. Prior experience in service, supervision of staff, training, operations preferred
- Ability to build and manage strong internal and external relationships
- Proficient in using data analysis software
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional public speaking skills
- Ability to multitask
- Detail oriented with continuous attention to compliance/contractual requirements