More information about this job
TDS is seeking a strategic, highly driven marketing professional to drive advertising and promotional campaigns across TDS markets!
The Manager-Consumer Marketing is primarily responsible for TDS’s strategic and tactical marketing initiatives in acquiring profitable customers across ILEC, CLEC, and/or cable properties. The Manager–Consumer Marketing manages a large budget for all marketing efforts and is responsible for generating demand to achieve revenue targets. Marketing tactics include digital (website, banner ads, email, Facebook, Pandora); mass media (newspaper, radio, billboards); direct mail, events and bill inserts.
The Manager–Consumer Marketing develops, implements, and manages consumer advertising and promotional campaigns across TDS markets, including creative direction and approval, scheduling, field/sales communication, list management, and campaign analysis to identify future revenue opportunities and retention. Responsibility for program management, competitive marketing strategy, and reporting duties mean the Manager–Consumer Marketing must gain a thorough understanding of market area including customer base segmentation, revenue opportunities and risks, product availability, and competitive threats.
The Manager–Consumer Marketing assists in the management of product/service marketing cycles, identifying product benefit, developing offers, and saleschannel support. This position manages the consumer marketing budget to efficiently maximize revenue growth, and works with all functional areas to ensure effective sales and service delivery of our product lines. This position also coordinates marketing rollouts and execution of marketing tactics/strategies of new products and services to TDS markets. In addition, this position develops new methods/media that assist in sales growth and retention efforts.
TDS Telecommunications Corp., headquartered in Madison, Wis., operates OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, TDS Baja Broadband LLC, and BendBroadband. Combined, the company employs more than 3,400 people.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., a Fortune 1000 company, provides wireless; broadband, video and voice; and hosted and managed services to approximately 6.1 million customers nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecommunications, OneNeck® IT Solutions, and BendBroadband. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Chicago, Telephone and Data Systems employs 10,400 people. Visit tdsinc.com.
TDS was voted one of 2017 Best Places to Work by Madison Magazine!!
- Manage acquisition marketing strategies to achieve growth targets (line goals, revenue goals, and profitability). Create and implement formal marketing plans to ensure profitability of all consumer products, which include bundles, high speed internet, TV, Voice services and new product and service launches.
- Plan, schedule, and budget marketing activities to meet goals. Determine media markets, specific customer base to target for each campaign, marketing budgets, and timelines. Work with Product Management to identify product life cycles.
- Test marketing pieces and analyze campaign results and regional sales goals, then adjust tactics to achieve required revenue goals.
- Provide marketing support to sales and distributionchannels, including sales/advisor campaign training/coaching. Utilize feedback to modify marketing activities and/or promotions.
- Schedule and manage creation of marketing communications materials including direct mail, brochures mass media (newspaper, radio, billboards), and digital advertising. Oversee writing, design, and production of campaign marketing materials.
- Coordinate the implementation of all product rollouts for consumer products, including participation in project team, developing marketing plan/strategy, and determining, scheduling, and overseeing creative work.
- Gain awareness of market dynamics through visits, online research, etc.
- Actively participate in trouble-shooting marketing-related issues impacting sales.
- Bachelor’s degree OR 4+ years professional work experience.
- 5+ years marketing, sales or customer operations experience.
- 3+ years competitive market experience in advertising, pricing and promotions.
- Broad working knowledge of pricing and/or promotional analysis and statistical reporting.
- Ability to analyze sales and marketing initiatives for success, profitability, retention, and customer satisfaction.
- Well-developed conceptual thinking skills including good intuition and the ability to make educated decisions based on customer needs.
- Successful experience in project management, product management, and/or process administration.
- Knowledge/background in the television, voice and data communications industry, its technology and applications, and customer base preferred, with capacity to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with inbound and outbound telephone sales.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work with employees at all levels.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience using PC applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, and database software.
- Extensive customer interaction skills and experience.
- Must have a genuine desire for customer satisfaction.