We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., offers a wide range of financial products and services to motorcycle enthusiasts and Harley-Davidson dealerships. Products available to consumers include financing on motorcycles, MotorClothes™, and parts and accessories; cycle insurance; and extended service plans for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles.
We need people who wake up every day with a passion for customers and who come to work with the creativity and drive to make amazing things happen. This isn’t just any company. And yours isn’t just any career. It’s part of your story. Write it with us and make it legendary.
HDFS’ Carson City, Nevada office serves as one of the Company's two operations centers. It’s where HDFS first established its roots in 1992. It is also home to Eaglemark Savings Bank, the Company’s lending institution, where all loans are funded. Carson City employees represent the loan origination and servicing business units including Collections, Funding, Underwriting, Dealer Services, and HDFS’ Cycle Insurance business unit. There are also employees who work in Accounting, Legal, Global Information Services, Risk, Enterprise Project Management, and Compliance who call this office home. Join our team as aManager, Consumer Credit & Risk Management.
The Manager is responsible for leading a Consumer Credit and Risk Management Team who delivers the overall credit and funding quality, development and implementation of Retail lending strategies and programs for the company Dealer Network and rider/customer. The Manager is the process and systems owner for their segment of Originations and as such oversees and coordinates all functions required to deliver Consumer Credit and Funding Originations. This position is responsible for the quality and risk functions of Retail Loan Originations; Originations Processes, Internal and External Systems, Credit Analytics/Decisions, Funding, Regulatory Risk, Operational Risk, and Collateral Securitization. The Manager drives stakeholder value through operational improvements, risk initiatives, system enhancements, and the execution of economic value based pricing models. The Manager is a co-leader and driver of company Consumer Credit Culture.
- Delivers overall consumer portfolio approval and funding quality and consistency relative to performance targets while in conjunction with Strategy and Modeling leadership, owns Retail initial credit quality and early stage portfolio results and directs Consumer Credit Officers in the oversight, monitoring and evaluation of Consumer Loan Originations and Operational performance.
- Manages the Consumer Credit and Risk Management team responsible for owning systems, processes and procedures executed by a seasonally adjusted 100-150 Retail Originations employees while executing establishment and maintenance of a strong, consistent credit culture that is well-defined and embraced by every credit analyst, funding analyst, originations manager and director and also establishes and maintains consumer credit and funding authorities, and is responsible for ensuring appropriate internal and external system permissions and controls.
- Acts as Originations technology owner, partnering with IT department and external vendors to deliver comprehensive system solutions that meet the needs of company credit and market needs and also champions projects designed to maintain, enhance, and replace systems that are utilized to deliver consumer finance and loan/cycle and protection/insurance products within dealerships and the company.
- Implements and monitors complex credit processes, systems, policies and procedures, personnel development and change management ensuring accurate compliance with current Originations requirements, and all internal and external banking regulations and standards.
- Monitor and assess compliance, reputational, and operational risk; escalate findings and manage process and practices to reduce process variation, mitigate risk areas, implement controls, and ensure company and regulatory standards are met.
- Responsible for coordinating the Originations aspects of internal and external auditors, such as Ernst & Young financialaudit, Sarbanes-Oxley Audit, and all FDIC and regulatory audits and exams and for resolving Originations related audit items.
- Responsible for protecting employee, customer and corporate information by following established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, use of passwords, and access to information based on business need.
- Maintains a current awareness of and ensures compliance with appropriate banking laws, regulations, and internal policies/procedures.
- Protection of information and compliance with the law are paramount. Protecting employee, customer and corporate information is everyone's responsibility at Eaglemark Savings Bank. All employees must follow established safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, and access to information based solely on business need. Further, it is the responsibility of all employees to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply with all of them.
A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or a related field is preferred as is an advanced degree.
This role typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience in the financial industry with a specific focus on Consumer Credit & Risk Management. Other experience should include:
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects within a standardized project management framework.
- Proven ability to compose and lead a team in achieving business objectives in the areas of Retail Originations processes or Enterprise Strategic Project Delivery.
- Proven ability to perform complex project, process and financial analysis and distill analytics to readily understandable business recommendations with the ability to achieve Green Belt designation within three years of hiring.
- Experience applying the principles of internal audit practices and standards with excellent judgment, analytic skills and ability to identify all relevant stakeholders, issues and risks.
- Strong database and/or statistical programming knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; the ability to achieve positive outcomes through team management in a matrixed, multi-site environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification or Scrum Master Certification.
- Experience with operational risk, system programming, and artificial intelligence is a plus.
Auto req ID: 888