Whats happening in culture happens on SoundCloud first. We are the first choice for creators and listeners to share and discover the worlds music and audio.
We are currently seeking a Communications Manager to lead our consumer-focused communications efforts. The role will be based in SoundClouds New York office, and will be an integral member of the SoundCloud Communications team.
In this role, youll support the development and execution of communications strategies that proactively tout SoundClouds unique platform and its vibrant community of creators and curators to consumer-focused media across culture, music, entertainment and lifestyle. This will include everything from crafting press materials such as press releases, pitches, and briefing documents, to working closely with cross-functional teams in different time zones to identify, shape and tell stories that demonstrate the creative vibrancy and cultural impact the SoundCloud community of creators and music fans are having in the world. Working closely with the Manager, Communications (Business and Trade), youll determine the best speaking engagements, profiles, and Op-Eds to successfully position SoundClouds leadership as visionaries and thought leaders.
- You are passionate about SoundCloud, and you know the platform inside and out.
- You love to pitch -- you have tons of media contacts and are on a first name basis with top consumer-focused writers who cover culture, entertainment, lifestyle and music.
- You are deeply passionate and knowledgeable about the music landscape, from new artists that are emerging, to the events and moments that matter most. You live and breathe music and culture.
- You are flexible, adaptable and dont mind moving quickly to keep up with the demands of busy, yet exciting work environment.
- You are a problem solver, resourceful and able to work independently, but also a strong collaborator and team player.
- You might have been a copywriter in your past life, and your attention to detail and writing skills are impeccable.
- Experience in a global or international role a plus.
- Big points if you have experience working with influencers too.
5-7 years experience in a consumer-PR focused role, ideally within a music, culture or entertainment company with demonstrated success securing media coverage across various platforms (tv, digital, print, web, radio).