Grubhub is looking for a New York-based Manager to join the company’s Communications team, reporting to the Vice President of Communications. This person will manage both our national and local media relations strategy and execution to reinforce Grubhub’s industry leading position in online and mobile food ordering, and help attract new diners to our platforms.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined, and entrepreneurial with experience in creating, managing, and executing campaigns that tells a company’s story, reinforces brand promises, and highlights points of differentiation in a highly competitive landscape. This person will need to handle several concurrent projects, act as a trusted advisor to members of Grubhub’s executive management team and manage/mentor team members. This person will also work closely with the rest of the team to create and tell new higher-level corporate narratives, and ensure consistency in messaging across all our lines of business. Strong writing and storytelling skills are a must, as well as the ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Lead the consumer communications team, helping to optimize and implement media relations programs demonstrating Grubhub’s value proposition for diners and restaurants
- Collaborate cross-functionally to build compelling story angles that will resonate with media across different categories and disciplines
- Create messaging and materials for both specific announcements, and use in an ongoing basis
- Help find, secure, and manage speaking opportunities for members of our executive team
- Act as a company spokesperson, when appropriate
You Should Have
- Minimum eight years experience in a consumer-focused field
- An amazing contact list of national and local consumer media, including broadcast outlets, food, and restaurant press
- A proven track record in developing and leading communications programs, with the results to show for it
- Superior writing skills for both internal and external audiences
- A natural storytelling disposition, and the ability to create narratives out of anything
- Experience in, and a keen eye for, leveraging data to tell national and local media stories
- The ability to work well within a team, willing to roll up your sleeves and always putting our company mission first
Got These? Even Better!
- Some experience in corporate and crisis communications to complement our corporate lead
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience working with/managing external agency partners