Manager for Professional Services group embedded in software product company. Lead the career development of direct reports, professional service business strategy, new business development and practice development. Prior people management experience in a customer facing, technical or engineering professional services organization required and in a technical computing or design automation software product or professional service company strongly desired. Deep understanding of MathWorks' customers’ needs and aspirations strongly desired. This position in in Novi, MI. Direct staff of 5-10 initially.
- Manage the day-to-day operational needs of the professional services group in Natick, MA headquarters location.
- Work as part of the management team to balance resources, set strategy, implement business tactics.
- Develop new business opportunities in a team selling based customer facing role demonstrating the value of MathWorks Consulting Services to middle and senior management levels.
- Develop the careers of direct staff.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience is required. 2 years management experience is required.
- 15+ years total years professional experience, with 3-5 years prior people management experiencerequired
- MS or PhD in and engineering or related technical field required
- Prior experience in a Consulting, Engineering or Professional Services organization strongly preferred
- Customer facing experience as engineeringmanager at government or defense contractor or tier 1 or 2 supplier
- Awareness of MathWorks solutions and typical customer usage required, prior experience as a user of MathWorks solutions a plus
- Demonstrated ability to develop new professional service business
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management on the customer side
- Demonstrated professional service practice operational management
- Prior experience in a similar software product company a strong desire
- Prior work experience as a practicing engineer a plus.
- Travel as required: Travel to customer facilities and MathWorks field offices and subsidiaries on average about 20% of the time.
- This position is located in Novi, MI.