$80K — $100K + $20K bonus *
Job Title: Engagement Manager, Consulting Services
Apex Systems is a world class technology services business that incorporates industry insights and experience to deliver solutions that fulfill our clients’ digital visions.
Apex’s IT Services business has experienced significant growth since it was formed in 2010, quickly establishing itself as a leader in the consulting services space.
What differentiates us? Our unique go-to-market approach: We embrace the “New Normal” for IT Services by providing targeted professional services at lower costs than traditional firms. Our team is made up of seasoned consulting professionals and leverages its experience and the strengths of Apex’s core recruiting and staffing business to outperform and outmaneuver our competitors.
This position will serve as an Engagement Manager for multiple consulting and/or managed services engagements that are ongoing with our clients. Position involves client relationship building, executive level communications, presentations, reviewing and monitoring quality of client deliverables, supervising engagement teams, and scoping and estimating new engagements.
· Estimate and scope new project opportunities in support of Apex Sales professionals
· Performance management for engagement teams
· Manage day to day engagement delivery on assigned engagements, including resolution of day to day matters that arise and any related communications with client management and the Apex Engagement Managing Director.
· Manage client expectations and related client communications, usually in conjunction with Engagement Managing Director.
· Provide detailed tracking of Tasks and Deliverables associated with assigned engagements.
· Ensure quality and timeliness of Deliverables against contractual and client expectations
· Preparation of estimates and budgets for new engagements
· Prepare estimates at completion and monitor/resolve any budget overruns/shortfalls expected
· Provide status reports of work on all active engagements
· Manage scope and financials for engagement(s) as well as assisting in keeping the engagement on track for time, budget and deliverables.
· Monitor engagement ensuring scope and contract compliance.
· Manage quality of delivery and communicate to client and Engagement Managing Director when there are issues.
· Sales and proposal support to include providing role definitions and guidance on team structure, milestone and deliverable definitions and scoping and work approach.
· Good organization skills
· Good communication skills
· Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint advanced features
· Understanding and knowledge of Project Management principles, methodologies, and alternative delivery approaches, such as Agile
· Experience with onboarding/off-boarding associates/consultants with clients
· Experience with project/program portfolio management, tracking and collaboration tools such as: Clarity, HP PPM, PlanView, SharePoint, OWB, MS Project, Jira, TFS, etc.
· Great customer relationship management focus
· Results orientated with a high sense of urgency to meet client requirements
· Experience with resources planning, budgeting and forecasting
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Business, Computer Science or Information Systems, MBA preferred
· Big 5 Consulting Experience (or similar) at Manager or Senior Manager level
· Experience managing, setting priorities, solving complex problems and selling in a consultative role
· Ability to lead and mentor IT Staffing Sales Directors and Local Account Managers
· Minimum five (5) years consulting experience
· Performance Manager experience with at least two (2) professionals concurrently
· Successfully managed engagement teams comprised of at least five (5) professionals per engagement
· Minimum five (5) years industry-specific experience for the designated industry focus area
· Competitive base salary plus quarterly bonuses based on performance
· Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Long and Short-Term Disability
· Life Insurance
· Vacation and Holiday Pay
· 401k Retirement Plan
· Training and Advancement opportunities
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Birthdays Off
· Philanthropic Opportunities
· Referral Program
· Partial Gym Membership Paid
· Team Building Events
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Valid through: 7/7/2021