As the F5 Consulting Manager, you will develop and maintain a highly qualified team of technical consultants that are responsible for delivering post sales implementation and deployment services of F5 product solutions. The delivery of these projects enhances the effort of the product sales team. This is a leadership opportunity responsible for all aspects of services delivery. Are you ready for the challenge?
What will you do?
- Manage a team of consultants that can be geographically distributed by city, state, region, or country. This includes but is not limited to, development of readiness programs to build technical as well as soft skills, performance goal setting and evaluations, real time feedback and mentorship, task delegation, interviewing and onboarding of quality candidates, development of performance improvement plans and disciplinary action when required.
- Foster a positive and collaborative environment within the team and with other groups within F5.
- Oversee the delivery process from ensuring SOW accuracy to oversight of project execution, methodology, process adherence by the delivering resources.
- Meet or exceed quarterly delivered revenue estimations, tracking and reporting.
- Set, manage and monitor team goals for billable utilization and margin.
- Develop and align regional goals and priorities with those of the Consulting organization and F5 corporate
- Collaborate with other F5 teams such as Product Management, Business Development and Sales teams to determine readiness needs and programs as well as provide real world feedback on delivered solutions
- Identify skills, requirements and tools needed for the consulting organization to successfully deliver F5 solutions and determine strategy to meet and develop the necessary items.
- Maintain an appropriate and current level of technical knowledge within the F5 market space
- Responsible for upholding F5’s Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
You should demonstrate the following level of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A hands-on leader with key strengths in financial analysis, business growth strategies and problem resolution.
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts such as MSAs, CSAs, SOWs, technical agreements and different methods of recognizing completed work
- Ability to communicate very technical information in a clear and concise manner to both technical and non-technical persons.
- Solid background in operational logistics, development and marketing
- Understanding of advanced technical concepts and principles of networks, systems architecture, and security.
- Experience managing multiple concurrent network and security projects
- Industry certifications (CISA, CISSP, GIAC, Security+) a plus.
- International business experiencepreferred.
How do you qualify?
- Bring a minimum 5 years of experience managing a professional services team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Duties require the ability to travel up to 50% via automobile and airplane, and may require periodically working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- This position may be remote, unless an F5 regional office is nearby, in which case it may be office based. Some onsite customer visits will be required.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer / laptop, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.