Company- Wave Broadband
Wave Broadband is currently searching for a Construction Manager in our Concord, CA office. This position plays a vital role in ensuring quality and timely deliverables of our services building fiber to our customers.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the capital budgets and schedules associated with construction projects, along with the safety and quality of work performed.
- Identify fiber routes, building entry, and internal routing requirements necessary to complete the project.
- Delegate permitting to permitting team or third-party engineering vendor(s).
- Assess both engineering and construction project costing using contractor matrix and issue work to contractors using RT.
- Issue work orders to internal and external resources while following established company processes and procedures.
- Accurately update costing in financial systems to reflect current costs and to compare and evaluate versus approved budgets.
- Develop, coordinate and execute project schedules with contractors, property management, customers, vendors, internal stakeholders, municipalities and government agencies.
- Inspect active construction projects to ensure that we are following company, municipality or government agency guidelines, and any other relevant guidelines related to the installation of Wave infrastructure.
- Complete post construction plant walk-out including as-builts necessary to fulfill company standards, utility and local government requirements.
- Coordinate and participate in various internal meeting/conference calls including Kick-off Meetings, Sales Meetings, Weekly Team meetings and Customer Conference Calls to ensure communication and alignment of initiatives, information sharing and implementation of best practices.
- Provide training and support for Fiber Construction Lead I–III.
- Serve as a market neutral SME on fiber construction solutions and best practices.
- Identify permitting authorities based on proposed routes including; municipalities, government entities, utility owners and any other agencies who have authority over the right-of-way in which we are proposing to construct.
- Complete necessary permit applications and request checks as needed to fulfill permit requirements.
- Visit permitting authorities to turn in applications, pick up permits, obtain status, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of construction management experience.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects; amounts of projects, sizes, complexity, budget value, duration, etc. will increase with each level for Fiber Construction Lead I through Manager, Fiber Construction.
- Expert understanding of proper safety construction practices; competent person training certification preferred.
- Expert understanding of fiber route planning and engineering for building entry and network expansion projects.
- Expert understanding of the permitting process for railroad, DOT, cities, counties and pole owners.
- Expert understanding of fiber splicing and installation practices.
- Expert understanding of network topology.
- Expert knowledge of fiber optic principles and methodology.
- Expert understanding of GIS.
- Ability to build and establish effective relationships with municipalities, government agencies, property management, vendors, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Ability to track and analyze data against project forecasts.
- Strong critical-thinking, attention to detail and time management skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment without supervision.
- Ability to provide training and support for Construction Lead I–III.
- Ability to live within 30 miles, or maximum of 1-hour commute during regular commuting hours from the assigned territory. Territories are defined by management and can be altered at any time.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance with a satisfactory driving record
Is this the career opportunity you’ve been searching for? Yes? Then let us know about you – apply now!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
RCN/Grande/Wave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other’s differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
High School or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)