This position is accountable for supporting the design and construction process of new stores and miscellaneous projects from inception to close-out. The planning phase includes participation in the technical negotiations with developers, outside architects and engineering selection, plus the development of construction, bidding and contract documents, permitting and contractor selection.
1. Establish with the Construction Manager the schedule/opening dates for new stores and other projects. Keep process within schedule by adapting activities, when necessary, to meet selected dates.
2. Manage the flow of information between BSRO internal departments.
3. Support turnover of project to Construction Manager and participate in pre-bid and pre-construction meetings to guarantee smooth transition from planning to construction.
4. Support the Construction Manager on construction issues for the Real Estate Department and establishment of the terms (scope of work) agreement with developers, landlords and sellers.
5. Manage the bidding process through contract execution for: testing and inspection services, general contractor,
3rd Party Observation and other construction related consultants.
6. Maintain and update approved bidder's database.
7. Updates and completes the project accounting records throughout the project including final close-out.
8. Assist the Construction Manager with the assembly of construction bid lists, assembly of online bidding packages; participate in the summarizing and qualifying the bids received.
9. Assemble and issue Contracts for Construction in partnership with the Construction Manager.
10. Coordinate with Nashville the issuance of required Surety Bonds.
11. Coordinate with the field organization the processing of permit review and other necessary check requests.
12. Solicit Consultant proposals/contract drafts for the following Agreements: 3rd Party Observation, SWPPP consultants, construction material testing agreements, and any other applicable construction related agreements.
13. Review and process construction related invoices for monthly payments.
14. Review and process General Contractor monthly pay applications, including waiver review.
15. Coordinate with internal departments (Operations, Marketing, Purchasing, etc.) on capital program initiatives.
*Bachelor's degree in architectural, engineering, construction management and/or equivalent work related experience/training.
* Five years' experience in the development, design, planning and management of multiple construction projects.
* General knowledge on all construction disciplines; civil, structural, architectural, electrical and mechanical engineering.
* Must be efficient, innovative and able to work on multiple projects.
* Able to track and coordinate schedules, budgets and outside consultants.
* General systems Knowledge (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
* High performance team member.