Ranked 76th on ENR’s 2017 listing of the Top 500 Design Firms, RK&K is a design and construction management firm specializing in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions, to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,200 employees as a professional, RK&K has received countless recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
We have immediate openings for professionals to manage complex highway/bridge construction and/or vertical projects in and around our Nation’s Capital.
Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to, the following):
* Manage assigned elements of projects as an owner’s representative to assure contract compliance for roadway, structure, and bridge construction projects
* Serve as a communication liaison between field staff, contractor, design team and citizens.
* Determine inspection staffing needs, provide staff supervision and management, research and interpret contract requirements providing technical guidance to staff and ensure quality of work product
* Update and track financial information including cost projections for projects
* Participate in Preconstruction Services (scoping, utility conflicts, constructability & Bidability)
* Manage the Project Close-out process, including as-builts, final quantities and final acceptance
* Focus attention on the success of key project elements: Safety & Environmental, Quality, Schedule and Cost
Job Requirements (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed):
* Minimum 10 years of experience
* VDOT, DDOT and other local public agency experience desired
* CM experience in roadway, utilities, and structures
* Understanding of contractor means & methods and materials
* Understanding of QA/QC development and execution process
* Understanding RFI and Submittal Processes as well as experience running project meetings and
developing meeting minutes
* Ability to read and interpret contract plans, specifications, standards, etc.
* Proficient in MS Office software, P6 or other CPM scheduling software
* Site Manager experience preferred
* VDOT Material Certifications are a plus (Asphalt, Pavement Marking, ACI, Traffic Safety, etc.)
* P.E. license preferred
* Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or ability to attain credential also preferred
* Acceptable driving record
* Ability to pass Criminal History Background Check (CHBC)
The position is in Fairfax VA. RK&K offers an excellent compensation package commensurate with experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-end healthcare, 401(k), paid time off, company medical/dental plans, and tuition reimbursement.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals are encouraged to apply