Wave Broadband is currently searching for a Construction Manager in our Newport, OR office. This position plays a vital role in ensuring quality and timely deliverables of our services building fiber to our customers.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the capital budgets and schedules associated with construction projects, along with the safety and quality of work performed.
- Identify fiber routes, building entry, and internal routing requirements necessary to complete the project.
- Delegate permitting to permitting team or third-party engineering vendor(s).
- Assess both engineering and construction project costing using contractor matrix and issue work to contractors using RT.
- Issue work orders to internal and external resources while following established company processes and procedures.
- Accurately update costing in financial systems to reflect current costs and to compare and evaluate versus approved budgets.
- Develop, coordinate and execute project schedules with contractors, property management, customers, vendors, internal stakeholders, municipalities and government agencies.
- Inspect active construction projects to ensure that we are following company, municipality or government agency guidelines, and any other relevant guidelines related to the installation of Wave infrastructure.
- Complete post construction plant walk-out including as-builts necessary to fulfill company standards, utility and local government requirements.
- Coordinate and participate in various internal meeting/conference calls including Kick-off Meetings, Sales Meetings, Weekly Team meetings and Customer Conference Calls to ensure communication and alignment of initiatives, information sharing and implementation of best practices.
- Provide training and support for Fiber Construction Lead I–III.
- Serve as a market neutral SME on fiber construction solutions and best practices.
- Identify permitting authorities based on proposed routes including; municipalities, government entities, utility owners and any other agencies who have authority over the right-of-way in which we are proposing to construct.
- Complete necessary permit applications and request checks as needed to fulfill permit requirements.
- Visit permitting authorities to turn in applications, pick up permits, obtain status, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 10+ years of construction management experience.
- Ability to mange and complete multiple projects; amounts of projects, sizes, complexity, budget value, duration, etc. will increase with each level for Fiber Construction Lead I through Manager, Fiber Construction.
- Expert understanding of proper safety construction practices; Competent person training certification preferred.
- Expert understanding of fiber route planning and engineering for building entry and network expansion projects.
- Expert understanding of the permitting process for railroad, DOT, cities, counties and pole owners.
- Expert understanding of fiber splicing and installation practices.
- Expert understanding of network topology.
- Expert knowledge of fiber optic principles and methodology.
- Expert understanding of GIS.
- Ability to build and establish effective relationships with municipalities, government agencies, property management, vendors, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required.
- Ability to track and analyze data against project forecasts.
- Strong critical-thinking, attention to detail and time management skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment without supervision.
- Ability to provide training and support for Construction Lead I–III.
- Ability to live within 30 miles, or maximum of 1-hour commute during regular commuting hours from the assigned territory. Territories are defined by management and can be altered at any time.
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance with a satisfactory driving record
Is this the career opportunity you’ve been searching for? Yes? Then let us know about you – apply now!
- High School Diploma or equivalent