$80K — $100K *
Reporting to the Director of Store Facilities & Construction and responsible for the management of the Store Construction PM Team, project on time/on budget completion of new store construction and existing store improvements such as expansions, downsizings, relocations and other projects as requested.
Manage the due diligence, construction and completion of 30-70 new stores and 10-20 existing store projects annually. Manage capital leasehold expenditures associated with new and remodel store construction projects typically ranging from $200K to $1M each. Estimated total annual budget responsibility for $30-$40M (base on annual projects approved). Manage the staff necessary to complete these operations in a timely manner and manage/supervise multiple outside services such as Architects, National Account Vendors and other Consultants as needed.
• Manage the leasehold improvement expenditures for new/expansion/downsize/move store related projects. Actively pursues cost reductions, accurately tracks commitments, invoicing, and close-out process.
• Manages the pre-construction process through coordination with Real Estate, Legal and Landlords. Developing layouts, back of house opportunities and store fronts with Store Planning and Architects. Responsibilities include initial site evaluation, cost estimating, review of the lease exhibits, project scheduling, bid evaluation and award. Ensuing that prototype criteria are incorporated into the project.
• Manages the project during construction through the Construction Project Manager with site visits, coordination with contractors, landlords, local and state inspection groups, and internal departments (Telecom, IT, LP, Store Planning, Facilities and Store Project Team).
• Maintains the schedule budget and design implementation in projects and reports variances to the appropriate partners. Travels to site as necessary t ensure progress, to resolve issues and ensure quality and on-time completion.
• Partners with Director of Store Facilities and Construction to identify department/process and program issues and needs, enhance/develop prototypical documents, keep current projects up to date and prototypical drawings fresh. Creates composite and formal project estimates; collects and analyzes historical cost information to support future processes.
• Manages Store Construction Staff. Travels with staff as necessary to monitor, develop, teach/learn team members for development opportunities and gather new ideas.
• Supervises the management of National Account Vendors and General Contractors including regular communication, meetings and setting vendor expectations. Works with Director of Store Facilities and Construction on vendor selection, agreements, and research/utilization to reduce costs and improve the stores, processes and systems for efficiencies.
• Works closely with store Project Managers to provide internal reporting and correspondence to cross-functional teams of all involved projects. Coordinate and communicate project status and specifics with internal partners including the DM, RVP and department partners
• Project Managers
• Administrative support team
• Multiple National Account Vendors and GCs and other consultants are directed by this position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Strong knowledge of project management process including construction practices and costs
• Strong knowledge of commercial or retail construction
• Knowledge of financial practices
• Ability to communicate appropriately and professionally to different audience types
• Ability to work within a structured timeline and budget
• Ability to coach and lead teams
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems within ethical business practices
• Empathy, Transparency, Ownership, Growth mindset
• Great attitude, customer service, well organized mulit-tasker
• Skilled in MS Office programs, read & interpret construction drawings, AutoCAD use preferred, not required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Minimum Education: Associate Degree Construction Management, Business, or related field
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Construction Management, Business, or related field
Minimum Experience: 8 years in the retail construction industry; including experience in coordination, purchasing, accounting, project management and manage Project Managers.
Valid through: 12/13/2021