Job Description: Energy Transfer LP (NYSE: ET) owns and operates one of the largest and most diversified portfolios of energy assets in the United States, with a strategic footprint in all of the major domestic production basins. ET is a publicly traded limited partnership with core operations that include complementary natural gas midstream, intrastate and interstate transportation and storage assets; crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL) and refined product transportation and terminalling assets; NGL fractionation; and various acquisition and marketing assets. ET also owns Lake Charles LNG Company. For more information, visit the Energy Transfer Partners, L. P. website at www.energytransfer.com. Essential Functions:
- Manage, coordinate, and direct the daily activities of contractconstruction personnel for projects conducted by the Central Division E&C Group.
- Responsible for providing constructionsupport and working with Division E&C Project Managers, Division Staff, Area operations staff, 3rd Party engineering firms and contractors to assist in project design, estimating, and scheduling.
- Assist project managers with the development of project scopes of work to assure operational fit and constructability through on-site field investigations, planning and meetings with appropriate parties.
- Additional responsibilities include coordination of surveying activities, involvement in contractor bid process, construction and inspection management to ensure compliance with company standards, specifications, job safety, environmental permits, right of way clearances and required project documentation.
- Candidate may also be assigned project management responsibilities, as required, to support specified Division and Area projects.
- As needed, additional functions may be assigned to meet company’s business needs.
- Candidate must possess effective written & verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills and a willingness to work in a collaborative environment.
- Candidate must be a self-starter, have good organizational skills and be able to accept constantly changing priorities.
- Willingness to work in an environment where compensation is tied to performance and skill level.
Special Characteristics/Job Requirements:
- The Division Construction Manager is required to live within 45 minutes of the reporting location.
- Job duties are performed outside in all types of inclement weather.
- Incumbent is required to carry a cell phone and is subject to call out 24 hours a day at any time for emergency response, 7 days a week and extended work-days and/or work-weeks.
- Ability to travel is required and may be extensive, at times.
- Candidate must have proven safe driving record and valid driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Usually, normal office working conditions.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time due to prolonged periods of sitting or standing.
Occasional overnight travel may be required.
Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.