Manages the execution of consolidations and financialreporting, including month-end close, balance sheet account and cash flow analysis, ad hoc accounting support, preparation of quarterly external financial statements and disclosures. This role has one direct report, a Senior Accountant, and regularly interacts with leadership in controllers, finance, treasury, tax and shared services divisions.
- Manage the preparation of quarterly financial statements and disclosures including Consolidated Balance Sheet, Statement of Equity and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Oversee preparation of consolidated balance sheet account analysis (quarterly) and supplemental analysis and reports for controllers, finance and treasury leadership.
- Responsible for all “one-time” cost reporting for items reconciling from GAAP to non-GAAP management reporting.
- Preparation and/or review of various footnotes and other SEC disclosures.
- Preparation of quarterly balance sheet and cash flow analysis for CFO presentation.
- Global oversight over goodwill, intangible asset, equity and pension balances including support of annual impairment review processes (as applicable).
- Responsible for all Purchase Accounting held at Corporate and work with local markets to pushdown where possible.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with shared services, manufacturing, market finance, FP&A, Tax and otherinternal customers to ensure accurate presentation of the consolidated balance sheet.
- Oversee the global balance sheet certification process.
- Work with external auditors supporting the quarterly review and annual audit process, including management of the PBC process.
- Ad hoc support for technical accounting, policy and reporting inquiries from markets, finance, tax and treasury.
- Effectively use Hyperion suite of solutions including HFM and Essbase.
Qualifications (Training, Education & Prior Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a Consolidations/FinancialReporting management role within a large multi-national company; broad experience in the financialreporting function highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial systems/processes, controls, and ability to translate strategies into financial concepts, experience with HFM and SAP strongly desired.
- Demonstrated change agility and the ability to seize ownership and drive tasks to completion in a timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to engage with business partners effectively. Able to clearly communicate complex financial and process-related information to key stakeholders (including executive level). Communications skills include the ability to listen to, and appreciate stakeholder concerns and understand issues.
- Exhibits initiative, decisiveness and the ability to manage multiple complex tasks towards completion at the same time.
- Exhibits a strong team orientation and guides and engages others in the completion of work during peak periods through development of processes and effective delegation of tasks.
- Strong knowledge of FDM, HFM, Essbase strongly desired.
- Ability to effectively work with external auditors.
- Knowledge of GAAP and SEC statutory financialreporting requirements.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.