What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong's future. We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you'll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other's strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you'll be doing
- Overseeing financial closings and consolidations of actual results covering the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Supporting the general ledger, consolidation, management reporting, and other “record to report” activities
- Managing and controlling AWI's financial systems (SAP & OneStream) for all monthly closings, estimates, and budgets
- Directing supervision of Accounting Specialists/Analysts with transactional accounting
- Overseeing and coordinating effort of outsourced offshore personnel
- Ensuring all schedules and deadlines are met “On Time” and “Accurate” in accordance with SLAs
- Enhancing and maintaining accurate, timely, and quality financial reporting and accounting
- Reconciliating most Balance Sheet accounts and any associated P&L activities
- Monitoring and driving compliance with internal controls
- Coordinating and providing oversight for quarterly and year-end certifications for SOX compliance
- Ensuring internal controls are planned and adhered to through process design and review
- Managing and maintaining accounting policies
- Acting as liaison and coordinating with internal and external auditors
- Assisting with certain estimate, budget, and strategic plan processes
What will make you successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related
- 7+ years of related experience in various financial roles