Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We’re the company behind the world’s fastest satellite internet service, with technology that’s helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We’re looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
As a Manager of CM, you will lead a cross-functional team to world-class software and hardware document control, part classification systems, record keeping, change management, and project-centric configuration management support. The qualified individual will form effective strategic relationships across local and global engineering and operational ecosystems, speak with confidence about their domain area, work across projects to prioritize activity, and help Viasat continually innovate toward world-class Configuration Management processes and automation.
The qualified candidate should have the ability to:
- Develop and align a direct team of document control professionals to world-class CM standards for a multi-national enterprise
- Document the impact of design change on manufacturing work orders and stock, facilitate Change Control Boards and support planning activity for the incorporation of new part or revisions
- Establish clear and repeatable playbooks for the review, control and transition of product design data to a manufacturing supply chain using a Product Lifecycle Management solution
- Optimize the PLM user experience for transitioning design data from engineering systems to procurement and operational functions
- Maintain quality strategies to minimize the need for manual administration, aggregation, and translation of Viasat technical data by customers, suppliers, and operational functions
- Implement project and product data management and collaboration solutions such as CAD, software, issue, file, log, intranet and chat repositories
- Implement workflows, fields, logic, and controls within a Product Lifecycle Management application, and associated up and downstream product data vaults
- Assure swift, accurate and secure classification, labeling and handling of sensitive data at all times
- Support process and configuration audits to contract or AS9100 requirements
- 15+ years in a Configuration Management leadership role; in a medical device, space, aerospace, and/or defense environment
- Diligent, detail-oriented, collaborative, and self-directed, servant leader who is passionate about repeatability, automation, and customer experience
- Recognize the drawing types, lists, classification models and data elements of electro-mechanical and software products, specifications, PLM attributes
- Apply the principles of the ANSI EIA-649, National Consensus Standard for Configuration Management to the identification, control, change management and release of technical data
- Plan and execute CM project support to internal and external requirements; contractual, regulatory, and industrial best practice
- Working knowledge of PLM tools (such as Agile PLM) as well as ERP systems (such as Oracle EBS)
- Write and implement policies, processes, and procedures
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- US government position. US citizenship required
- Up to 10% travel domestic and international
- Hands-on PLM administration experience, digital factory and/or model-only based engineering
- Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management and DevOps; software-as-a-part, source repositories (such as Perforce or Git), issue tracking (such as Jira), and SCM planning
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Additional Requirements and information
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required