Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Manager Compliance Services (System) PSJH.
We are seeking a Manager Compliance Services (System) PSJH to lead the development and implementation of RIS compliance program elements, systems and processes across the organization. The primary accountability of the position is to manage RIS Compliance Program projects, schedules, and processes necessary to accomplish the annual work plan of the department and address issues and questions as they arise. This includes drafting compliance program standards and procedures; developing and delivering training materials; and coordinating the conflict of interest process. Organizational, communication, and time management skills, problem solving and regular programupdates are essential competencies for this position. The Manager Compliance Services will allocate resources, shape program priorities and coordinate program deliverables in a timely and quality fashion.
This position is responsible for the daily oversight and management of compliance work plan activities of the RIS Compliance Program as assigned. The primary role of this position will be to administer compliance program activities and objectives as set forth by RIS Senior Leaders and the Compliance program.
The Manager Compliance Services will work with and be supported by professional staff of theCompliance department. The Manager Compliance Services will partner with management to assess and manage risk as it relates to compliance program activities and objectives across the organization.
The Manager Compliance Services may assemble, chair compliance workgroups to support and promote compliance program objectives. The Manager Compliance Services will assist management in the assessment and managing of risk and providing timely and relevant communication on such matters.
This position includes some overnight travel, and routine inter-facility commuting. The Manager Compliance Services may be called upon to perform critical assignments or projects in one of theregions because of their unique knowledge or experience.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily work of assigned compliance professional staff including scheduling, monitoring, and coaching. Assure work product is completed accurately and timely in accordance with the RIS Division Manual, as appropriate. Assure workplace behaviors are consistent withProvidence mission and values
- Manage staff as direct reports or as assigned to specific projects and initiatives
- Manage the Providence St. Joseph Health Compliance and Privacy Programs within areas ofaccountability. This includes managing responses to Integrity Line inquiries, Proactive Privacy Monitoring events, and compliance and privacy matters in accordance with RIS standards and applicable regulations
- Continuously monitor for changes in the organizational regulatory and compliance risk profile and/or operational environment. Collaborate with System Integrity, Department of Legal Affairs, and other groups to evaluate impact to the compliance program, and communicate changes, as needed
- Manage recommendation development and report writing process to assure risk and control deficiencies are properly addressed. Direct staff in monitoring open recommendations assuring collaboration with client management to complete action plans and mitigate risk in a timely manner
- Cooperate with federal or state investigators or other legal entities in any compliance review or investigations
- Serve as chair of regional compliance and privacy committees including appropriate agendas, actions plans, follow-up and reporting
- Represent RIS either directly or as back-up to Senior Director/AVP on regional or shared services committees, councils, or initiatives
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related fields of study
- 5 years of progressive compliance/privacy experience is required. However, experience in internal/external audit, revenue cycle, information security, accounting, finance, healthcare administration and related fields can be used to substitute for compliance experience on a two for one basis for up to two years.
- 5 years of prior healthcare experience
- One of the following is required; two is preferred. A JD degree may be substituted for therequired certification. Other healthcare related certifications may be considered on a case by case basis. Certifications and licenses must be maintained current. Certified in Healthcare Compliance, Healthcare Privacy Compliance, Healthcare Privacy & Security, Compliance & Ethics Professional, CPA or Certified Internal Auditor.
- Valid Driver's License
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration or Juris Doctor (JD) degree
- 2 years prior supervisory or lead experience.
- 2 years prior project management experience.
- 2 years experience in developing and delivering adult education strongly preferred.
- Experience in organizing and performing staff training classes.
About the department you will serve.
Providence Strategic and Management Services provides a variety of functional and system support services for all eight regions of Providence St. Joseph health from Alaska to California. We are focused on supporting our Mission by delivering a robust foundation of services and sharing of specialized expertise.